Lovely Rosé (pt. 3)

Jisoo has never felt more excited in her life about something.

She and Chaeyoung have been talking online for months. They met through an online forum discussion in the guise of "TurtleRabbit95" and "Chipmunk97" respectively, and Jisoo got easily impressed by the woman's line of thinking and to her, people who can carry an intellectual conversation is a major turn on.

She immediately dropped a direct message to the woman and continued their discussion from there.

As time went on, serious topics turned to lighter ones and lighter ones turned to personal ones.

She learned that Chaeyoung is an analyst for an insurance company, while she shared her struggles as a researcher for a local news station in Busan.

The more she got to talk to her, to know her, the more her admiration grew for the woman. They're connecting. They click. And that is without even revealing their true identities to each other.

They both know that they can't trust everything they see on the internet so they both agreed to do it when they're ready and just meet each other face to face in the future. If they ever get to that level.

And they did.

Jisoo is from Busan but she promised when she had the time to go to Seoul, she'd tell her and maybe they could meet. When her vacation leave for a week got approved, she booked tickets to Seoul first thing and told her chat buddy about it.

She doesn't want to expect too much from her. Sure she likes her. She likes the way they interact online but what if it's just temporary and one-sided?

Now she's back at the apartment she will be staying for the next few days. She just got home from shopping and making preparations for tomorrow night. She placed the paper bags at the center table and went to the bathroom for a warm shower.

After settling for a sweater and pants, she went to the kitchen and made herself some hydrangea tea. She sat on the cushioned window seat, holding her cup of hot tea and just stared at the busy streets of Seoul, her mind drifting to tomorrow.

'I wonder what will happen tomorrow. What does she look like?'

'Is she pretty? Hmmmm. I feel like she is because she talks like she's pretty'

'Will she like me?'  she chuckled at that.

'What if we're better off as just friends online?'

'What if when we see each other, we're not what we we're expecting?'

'What if we're only meant to connect online because the thrill of anonymity is there?'

'What if after tomorrow, that would be it? That she will realize that maybe I'm not worth her time after all.'

Aside from excitement, all these thoughts and doubts bothered her ever since the moment they agreed to meet.

But she can't take that back now, can she? It would be rude to cancel on her the last minute.

'You idiot rabbit. I shouldn't have come here. This is a bad idea. A very bad idea'.

She placed both hands on her face, slowly rubbing them up and down as if trying to hide her face away in shame and frustration.

She took a sip from her tea and looked at her phone that is sitting by the desk near her. With a sigh, she took it and sent a message to her Chipmunk,

'TurtleRabbit95: Hey Chipmunk, What time do you get off from work? Can you meet me at the Palgakjeong Pavilion of Namsan Tower at around 5pm? I'll be waiting.'