Trust vs. Mistrust (pt.1)

The room is filled with people, dancing to the loud beat of music along with the strobe lights. The air is thick and smelled of alcohol, sweat and smoke.

On a different occasion, a certain blonde woman would have enjoyed this scene. She's supposed to be celebrating the success of a year-end fashion show wherein she's one of the most anticipated models to walk the runway but the night took a different turn when she received a message from the one who her heart belongs to.

Jennie: What time are you coming home? (Sent 11:41pm)
Jennie: If you plan on coming home drunk, don't bother. (Sent: 11:43pm)
Jennie: Aren't gonna answer me? I swear to God Lisa, if I learned that you're fooling around, you're gonna get it. (Sent: 11:50pm)

She downed the remaining whiskey from her glass, letting the bitter taste of it burn her throat, wishing it burned all the thoughts away, too. She placed the old-fashioned glass on the table, stood up and walked away from the group of her fellow models and went to the balcony of the VIP section, leaning on the railing with both hands and her head hung low.

She looked over the crowd below, watching them letting the music and alcohol take over their bodies as they dance to the rhythm of the night. She watched them get lost in the moment and maybe let them distract her for a while.

Thoughts of her beloved plagued her, wondering how it lead them to where they are now, to doubts, baseless accusations and giving of cold shoulders.

It's been like that for a good few weeks now and they never bothered talking about it. As far as she's concerned, she never did anything that would make Jennie doubt her. She's just been too busy the past few weeks in preparation for the event tonight that she never got to spend a lot of time with her as much as she wanted to.

Maybe that's what's causing her to have doubts. But she was never a player. Sure, she gets a lot of attention, given she's a model/celebrity and people always wanted a piece of her but she never took advantage of what she gets and would never give herself to anyone because to her, she belongs to only one person, to Jennie, to her bestfriend, to the one she comes home to, to the one who owns her mind, body and soul.

She took out her phone, contemplating if she should reply back or call and tell her she's on her best behavior, always have, but she also can't help but feel mad and offended with the accusing tone of the message. She's also aware that the alcohol is starting to get in her system and if Jennie snaps at her, she might snap, too, and she doesn't want to have that conversation over the phone.

She was about to reply that she will be home soon when another model approached her and handed her another drink, champagne this time. She tucked her phone back to her pocket, unintentionally forgetting to send the message.

"You look like you could use another drink. You okay, Lisa?", a tall woman with beautiful wide eyes handed her a glass of Champagne and she gladly accepted it and clinked their glasses together.

"Thanks, Tzuyu. Yeah. Just tired is all.", she took a sip from the glass and turned her attention back to the crowd.

"Well, are you tired to dance? Everyone's out having fun down there while you're up here, looking like a wallflower. You love dancing! Come on, let's join the others". Tzuyu invites.

"I'm not feeling it tonight, Tzu. Honestly, I already wanna call it a night and head home" Lisa replied. She wants to go home now, not to add fuel to the fire by coming home really late or early in the morning. She seriously just wanted to go and put her lover's doubts to rest, to assure her she's not fooling around.

"What?! Lis, we just got here not more than a couple of hours ago. Stick around a little bit. I'm sure a lot will come looking for you if you disappeared just like that" her friend presses. Yes, friend. A good one if she would add. Tzuyu's been with her since they both signed up for the same modelling agency as rookies 5 years ago.

Lisa took a sip of the poisonous sweet and continued to look down at the crowd.

Tzuyu took notice of the way she looked distant, like she's physically here but her mind is obviously elsewhere. She hasn't been engaging on conversations with others since they got here, just small talks and other formalities and knowing Lisa, this is not like her.

She's the life of the party, the one who makes sure that everyone is having a good time, she's everybody's ray of sunshine but her bright light has turned into a faded glow for a reason she doesn't know.

"It's about Jennie, isn't it?", Lisa gave her a look of disbelief, caught off guard by the Taiwanese's words. She hasn't talked to anybody about her woes and with Tzuyu noticing it made her feel slightly vulnerable.

"Either I'm that transparent or you just know me too well", she gave out a small chuckle, trying to play it cool before finishing off her remaining Champagne. She broke eye contact first, too afraid that her eyes might give her away and be put on the spot.

"It's just that I've never seen you like this. You only let things affect you when it concerns the people you love. And you may not notice it but, you never talk about her as much as you did before. So, I kind of got the feeling that maybe things aren't going as smoothly in your relationship as your career does right now". Tzuyu finishes her statement along with the drink in her hand.

Lisa would have been pissed if other people would have said those, thinking they're just being nosy with her personal life and just wanted to have a scoop for the tabloids.

But this is her friend, and her eyes and the way she spoke those words are full of sincerity. She let out a heavy sigh at her remark.

Sensing the Thai model seemed uncomfortable with the topic, the taller of the two didn't press on and said "Sorry. I didn't mean to intrude. But if you need a friend to talk to, you know I'm here, right?", she placed her hand on the blonde's shoulder, and gave it a soft squeeze, a way to assure her that she can count on her.

Lisa then put her hand on top of the other girl's hand on her, appreciating the act and appreciating her friend for being there, "Thanks, Tzu. Really. Don't mind me. Maybe I'll stick around for a little bit before heading off. Go mingle. Enjoy the night." she gave her a reassuring smile, letting her friend know that she'll be fine.

Tzuyu then slowly walked away from her, rejoining the others on the dance floor.

Lisa was then left alone, drowning in her own thoughts. She knows she needs to get to the bottom of this. She ordered a couple more drinks, before deciding to call it a night. She pulled out her phone and sent a quick message to Jennie.

"I'm coming home".