Gamer Girlfriend

“Take that, you little piece of –“ a black-haired beauty stopped herself midsentence as she spoke over the headset connected to the controller she’s holding.

“Yah, Monkey! Language!” her unnie warned her through the device.

“Sorry! ” she grinned to herself and continued to press hard on the buttons of her pink PS4 controller as she plays the character of a woman soldier, holding a marksman rifle.

Jisoo and Lisa, both members of a global KPOP girl group decided to spend their free Saturday morning playing online. They haven’t bonded over games the last few weeks as they just had their comeback and their schedule was crazy busy.

It’s no secret the duo loved playing, especially Jisoo. She usually spends most of her free time either in her family’s house, bonding with her niece and nephew or playing her games back at their dorm. Since they only have a day or two to rest, she decided to just stay at their dorm and have fun with her favorite maknae.

They’re in their respective rooms since they both owned a gaming console and have their own gaming setup: a big wall-mounted flat screen tv with led lights installed at the back to match the background of whatever is shown on the screen, soundproof walls, a surround sound system and of course, a swivel gaming chair that is a combination of black and pink. They’re playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, a first-person multiplayer shooting game online.

Currently, they’re playing a 6-versus-6 Team Deathmatch, both of them on the same team, playing along with other online players.

The Thai hid behind username ‘Monkey97’ while her unnie, ‘ChickenChu95'

“Chicken, where are you? Let’s flank them over here”, the Thai spoke on her microphone, eyes moving left and right as she played her character, proving how good her hand-eye coordination really is, not just in dancing.

“I’m a little busy right now. I’ll catch up with you from the other side”, Jisoo replied.

“Unnie! I died again! A lot of them are camping from the houses!” Lisa whined and slapped her leg out of frustration when her character got killed by a sniper.

The match ended, their team lost and this really annoyed the tall woman. They didn’t quit the game just yet as the two wanted a rematch.

At the pre-game lobby, Lisa said in a smug tone, “We’ll get them next round, guys”, she told her teammates. Little did she know that one of the opponents will retort to that, “Monkey97! You’re all talk with no game! You suck!” a guy then laughs together with his other teammates.

Lisa closed her eyes, counted 1-10 and took deep breaths to keep her cool. This is more than a rematch now, this is a grudge match. She calmly replied with “We’ll see about that, ‘MusakaMan.”

'No game, huh? Typical camper. Pffft! I'll show you my game alright', she thought to herself.

She put her controller down on her lap as she cracked her knuckles and stretched her arms, a mannerism she usually does when something demands her full concentration.

When the game was about to start, Lisa spoke again “Unnie, let’s kill these losers. Follow me.”

“Arraseo, arraseo”, Jisoo replied.

Not one minute from the game, Lisa’s character was killed by ‘MusakaMan’, sniping from the rooftops.

“Son of a- shit!” Lisa shouted on her headset.

“Lal-“ Jisoo shouted back

“Unnie!” The dark-haired woman cut off Jisoo as she almost called her with her first name and that could have compromised their identities. Imagine if these players will come to realize that they’re playing with Lisa and Jisoo of Blackpink, they might get a ton of requests and that’s just something they don’t want to happen. Playing online is one of the things they do to relieve the stress they experience from being famous. They wanted to keep this one a part of them privately.