Lovely Rosé (final)

A. N.

I wasn't planning to update today but 24/365 happened so I got inspired to finish this. Enjoy! - J

The two kept staring at each for a few more seconds, wide-eyed with their mouths hanging open.

Time stood still as they stand under the octagon-shaped pavilion, trying to measure each other up.

'This isn't happening. This can't be happening!' Chaeyoung's inner thoughts screamed.

'You are a dead turtle rabbit, Kim. How was I supposed to know that I've been rude to the very person I'm having feelings with? Aish!' Jisoo mentally facepalmed herself.

A few moments passed before Jisoo decided to break the silence. She cleared her throat.

"Hi." she gave the taller woman a shy smile and a small wave, trying to hide the embarassment she feels towards her.

Chaeyoung's expression changed, giving her a straight face, "I can't believe it's you. Of all people, I can't believe I'm out here meeting my record thief." she scoffed, unconsciously putting her hand down that is holding the bouquet, making the beautiful flowers shake in her hold.

"Look, I'm sorry about yesterday, Chipmunk. I know I was rude. I had my reasons but I'm not here to justify my actions. I know I'm in the wrong here." Jisoo said, remorse is evident in the way her eyes soften, together with the words she spoke.

Chaeyoung shifted her body to the side, avoiding Jisoo's line of sight with a pout, wanting to show her that she is still pissed about everything that happened yesterday.

Jisoo carefully took a step closer to the blonde, "I think we started off on the wrong foot here. Can we forget about everything that happened yesterday and start over? Please?" she moved her face a little closer with a slight grin, try peeking at her chat buddy's face, seeing if she's slowly breaking her ice.

Chaeyoung then sighed, rolled her eyes and faced her, tucking her left hand under her right arm, "Fine".

The brunette's grin grew wider, happy with the little victory she had. She offered her right hand, "I'm Kim Jisoo, a.k.a TurtleRabbit95. It's nice to finally meet you. And you look really beautiful."

"Park Chaeyoung, I also go by the name Rosé but you know me as Chipmunk97. Hello, Kim Jisoo. You don't look so bad yourself. " she smirked and accepted the hand offered to her and gave it a shook, sealing the truce between them.

"Rosé huh? I like that. It sounds...... posh." Jisoo half-joked, giving her another one of her grins.

"By the way, this is for you. I hope you like flowers. I wasn't sure which one to get but I remembered you mentioned that blue is your favorite color so I got them". Jisoo offered her the small bouquet shyly.

When Chaeyoung recognized the flowers she was given, she tried her best not to laugh, remembering the movie she saw and told Luce. 'Blue hydrangeas. How cute'. She smiled accepting them.

"Thank you. And these are for you. I hope you like them. I put a lot of effort in picking those out." she handed the bouquet that Luce made, silently praying that she at least knows about the three flowers.

"Thank you, Rosé." she closed her eyes and tried to get a whiff of the flowers, trying to test if they smell as good as they look.

"So...." Chaeyoung dragged, looking at anything but Jisoo.

Jisoo was nervous, too, but she knew she should step up her game as she was the one who invited her out. And so she swallowed, hoping her nerves will cooperate with her.