~Chapter Eight~

The final bell rang for the end of the school day. I quickly packed up my school supplies that were laid out on my desk. I walked down the familiar hallway out to the carpark and silently waited for Anna and Daniel to come and join me. Thursday is the day Anna and I go to the shopping centre as it is open until 9pm for late night shopping.

"Finally!" Anna said, coming up to me. "School took way too long today"

I laughed a bit. "It wasn't that bad"

"You had good classes though, I was stuck in french with Mr Capilli"

I furrowed my eyebrows and scrunched my nose. "Yeah, ok. That makes sense"

Daniel then pulled into the car park and honked, basically getting everyone's attention.

"Yes, that's my idiot brother!" Anna yelled, "He just likes attention, so keep staring"

I laughed and then got into the car. "Sup loser" I greeted as I shut the door.

He groaned and rolled his eyes. "I'm so glad that I'm just dropping you guys off then leaving"

"Yeah, that's not going to happen. You're going to come with us so that we can just put things in the car when we spend too much money" Anna stated while putting on her seatbelt.

"Seriously!" he sighed. "Fine, you're lucky that the boys are going to be there"

"Ooo, Mr famous is going to be walking around a shopping centre" I mocked as he pulled out of the school car park.

"At least I'm not going to be with you"

I rolled my eyes and went on my phone.

Eventually we made it to the shopping centre. Anna and I raced to the first shop we saw, she grabbed Daniel's arm, dragging him in with us.

"Hey! I said that I'm not staying with you" he said.

"You're my hanger. Just for this store, then you can do whatever you want" she pleaded.

"Fine" he sighed. "One store, then that's it. You won't see me again until we leave"

"Yay!" she smiled and started picking out random clothes.

This was Anna's favourite store so it wasn't long until Daniel was holding a bunch on clothes. I rummaged through a few of the racks, pulling out a cute little dress that I liked. I wasn't going to spend much in here because there was more to come.

"Anna, can you just try these on. I can't carry them all" Daniel asked, dragging behind us.

"You're such a whiner" Anna sighed. "But fine, the change rooms are right here"

She took the clothes from Daniel and put them in her stall. I went into the one next to her and put on the dress. It was a dark blue colour, that wrapped around my body nicely, showing off all my curves. It had some flowers spread across it, making it really cute and casual.

"Anna, what are your thoughts on this?" I asked, stepping out of the change room.

When I pulled the curtain back and stepped out, Daniel looked up from his phone and his eyes scanned my body. Was he checking me out? He then made eye contact with me. This is normally where I would make some sort of comment, but nothing came out. My eyes moved away from Daniel and straight to Anna when I heard a noise coming from her stall.

Anna pulled her curtain back, revealing a cute loose white crop top and a flowy emerald green skirt.

"That's so cute! It looks so good on you, showing off everything. If you don't get it I will buy it for you, forcing you to wear it" she said sternly.

I laughed, "Ok, ok. I'll buy it"

"Thoughts on this?" she asked, spinning around in a circle.

"Very cute, they go so well together" I nodded with approval.

"Ok, I'll try the others on. I'll put it in the maybe pile, but it's definitely up there"

She went back into her change room and pulled the curtain across. I glanced back at Daniel, again, he was looking at me. I gave him a small smile and went back into mine, pulling the curtain across and getting back into my clothes.

I could be reading into this too much, but something felt odd. Normally there would be some witty or rude comment from one of us, but this time...nothing. It was just eye contact. Very long, eye contact.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this