~Chapter Twenty Eight~

The day had come to an end and Anna and I were in my car on the way back to her place. She wanted to make some cookies to celebrate my performance, obviously she'll be making them and I'll be eating them.

I didn't see Daniel for the rest of the day, I tried to keep my distance without being obvious. He did message me though saying that he was heading home and hopes to talk later.

"You've been awfully quiet today" Anna mentioned. She looked at me from the passenger seat, I kept my eyes on the road because I was driving.

"I mean, I'm just tired," I shrugged. "I was so nervous about today, that I didn't sleep"

That wasn't a lie, I didn't sleep last night. I was definitely nervous about today, but for more than one reason, but I wasn't telling the truth about why I had been quiet all day.

"I don't believe you" she states.

"Why not?" I asked, letting out a nervous laugh.

"What happened with my brother after the show? I want to know everything"

"W-What...?" I stuttered. "I-I'm sorry, I was going to tell you, but you know...how did you find out anyway?"

"For starters, most people would go back and talk to the person they just performed with before leaving," she said.

"Yeah...I probably should've done that"

"But Daniel did tell me, I'm not that much of a psychic" she laugh.

"He did?" I asked. "Why?"

"Because he wants to talk to you Y/N. You keep pushing him away and avoiding him, I'm surprised he hasn't given up and moved on" she states.

"What makes you think that?"

"Daniel isn't the relationship type of person, he hasn't had one in years. He's more of the guy to have a fling with someone for a day, week, or maybe a month. It's literally just for sex" she shrugged. "For him to stick this long with you, it means something. I'm honestly shocked"

"You really think that? That I mean something to him?" I asked, still looking out at the road.

"Yes I do Y/N. I get that you're confused and everything, but I think that you need to talk to him, considering you made the move today and not him"

"He told you that too!" I exclaimed, Anna laughed.

"Take your time, but don't leave him waiting for too long"

"But I'm scared Anna. I'm not the relationship type either, I don't know if I want anything, well, just yet anyway" I admitted.

"You guys talking, doesn't mean that it needs to end with you in a relationship. If that's how you feel, just be straight up about it and say that you need some more time, but just talk to him about your feelings first, and then maybe the idea of a relationship later" Anna said.

"Are you sure he won't be mad?" I asked.

"Daniel may be a bit of a whore sometimes and maybe even a jerk, but he'll listen. He won't do anything, or go anywhere without consent or permission"

"Ok...thanks Anna" I smiled, pulling up in her driveway.

"I suggest talking to him now, get it over and done with. He's in his room" she says.

Before I can even disagree with her, she's already gotten out of the car and rushed inside. I sighed and followed. 

I walked up the stairs slowly, and made my way over to Daniel's room. I don't want to talk, I really don't, but I know that if I don't do anything now, then I won't, ever.

My phone then pinged and I saw I got a message from Anna.

'Just knock on the door. If you don't do it, I will'

I laughed then put the phone back in my pocket. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"It's open!" Daniel yelled.

I put my hand on the door knob, twisting, and then pushed on the door to open. I saw Daniel sitting at his desk, working on something, I'm guessing it's music. He turned around and saw me, giving me a small smile.

"Hey..." he said shyly.

"Hey, um, can we talk?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this