~Chapter Twenty Two~

The school day had finished and I was making my way to my car. I dreaded the end of the day to come, I knew that when it ended, I would be forced to talk to Daniel.

"Mind if you give me a lift?"

I turned around and saw Anna. "Yeah, sure" I smiled.

We both got in the car, put our seatbelts on and I pulled out of the parking lot.

Something was off about this car ride. We had our music going, we were singing, but something was off. We weren't talking about anything, and I think I know why.

The car then made a weird popping noise and it started to slow.

"What's happening?" Anna asked, confused.

"I'm not sure," I said, pulling the car over. Once parked, I got out and had a look at the car. One of my tires was completely dead. "You've got to me kidding me!"

"What?" Anna asked, getting out of the car.

"My tires popped. I don't have a spare" I sighed.

"I'll call Daniel. He can bring us a spare and fix it"

'"No! Don't call Daniel. Anyone but him" I said frantically.

"Why not? Christians out with friends, Tylers not even in the same state. My parents are both at work and I don't think you really want to call you family" she crossed her arms. "I'm calling Daniel"

I sighed. Anna pulled out her phone and called her brother, I could hear her talking faintly in the background. I went and sat in front of the car, leaning my back on it. Shortly after, Anna came and sat down next to me.

"Y/N, be honest with me" she said and I already knew where this was going. "What's going on between you and my brother?"

I looked down and shuffled my feet in the dirt. "I don't know..."

"So there is something between you guys? I'm not thinking too much into it?" she asked.

"I guess" I shrugged. "I don't really know"

"How don't you know? Can you explain?"

"You're my best friend Anna, but it's a bit weird talking to you about this, considering he's your brother" I stated.

"Yes, he is my brother, but I want to know. I also have the right to know, as his sister and your best friend" she said, giving me a small smile.

I sighed and started talking. "The other week when you left Daniel and I to work on the song, we had a moment, I guess that's what you'd call it anyway. We were about to kiss and then you walked in the room. I thought nothing of it so I moved on and didn't say anything. I went out with Alex because he's a really nice guy and he was helping me to get my mind off everything. Then yesterday when we finished the song...we kissed"

"No way!" Anna gasped.

I laughed a little bit. "Yeah..."

"That's why you left in such a rush? Oh my god, you just left him sitting there, didn't you?" Anna asked.

"Yep" I said, popping the P. "And I feel really bad about it. I didn't want to stay and talk about it afterwards, I didn't know what to say. You're my best friend and he's your brother, it's not right"

"Look Y/N, yes, he is my brother, but I don't care. If something does happen between you two, I know that I'll still be your best friend no matter what. The only difference is that they'll have to fight for your attention more" she laughed, giving me a hug.

"What about Alex?" I asked.

"Do you have feelings for him?"

"I don't know. He's such a sweet and amazing guy, I really don't know" I admitted.

"Well before you go anywhere with my brother, you need to get your mind straight. You need to know what you want" Anna said. "If you choose to go with Alex, then cool. He's a nice guy and you guys would be cute. But if you choose Daniel, then cool too" she shrugged.

"How did I get you as my best friend" I smiled and leaned my head on her shoulder.

"I'm the best, aren't I?" she laughed.

"Please don't tell Daniel that you know. I don't even know what's going to happen, I'm avoiding him at the moment if you hadn't realised. Oh, and please don't make me talk to him when he gets here"

"I promise"

We then saw Daniel's car pull around the corner. He pulled over and got out. He opened the boot of his car and pulled out a spare tire. He walked over to my car and swapped it.

"This is the second time I've done this for you guys" he said, standing up and dusting his hands off.

"Well, I appreciate it, thank you" Anna said. "Anyway, I'm going to Y/N's place, tell mum I'll be home late"

"Will do" he said and walked back over to his car. He opened his door and looked over at me, I quickly averted my gaze. He got in his car and drove away.

"Come on," Anna said, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Let's go"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this