~Chapter Thirty Seven~

Your POV

We arrived at the school and walked towards the central hall where the dance was being held. There were signs, streamers and balloons up everywhere. We walked into the hall and it looked beautiful.

It was a white and blue theme, so there were glowing stars scattered throughout the room, mixed with some fairy lights and a mix of blue and white decorations.

We walked in and took some photos with the photo booth and then sat down at our table.

"It looks absolutely beautiful in here" I said, admiring my surroundings.

"Who knew that our school could pull this off" Anna laughed.

Anna's phone then buzzed and she looked up at me and then back down. "What? Everything ok?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, everything's fine. Mum's just making sure we got here ok"

"Ok" I said, even though I didn't think she was telling the truth.

"Let's dance" she smiled, grabbing my arm and dragging me out to the dance floor.

We danced song after song and I didn't even feel tired yet. I hadn't thought about Daniel once, until a slow song came on. Alex and Ben walked over to Anna and I. Ben started dancing with Anna and Alex started dancing with me.

"You having fun?" he asked.

"Yeah, Anna's making this night really enjoyable. So has everyone" I said, "But I've mainly been hanging with her"

"That makes sense, I'm just glad to see you smiling and having fun" Alex said.

"Thank you for asking me to go with you, as friends of course. I think that I just needed something where nothing was attached so that I could have a break from everything"

"Do you wish he was here?" he asked.

"I mean, yeah" I sighed. "Even though he really hurt me, I can't help but miss him. I always imagined going to prom with someone I really liked and that was him, but I guess that didn't really go to plan"

"Are you ready to forgive him?"

"I don't think so, not yet anywhere. I think that I'm ready to start being around him now, start talking again. I just don't think that I'll be able to forgive him fully for the pain that he caused me" I said.

"You're so mature about all of this, if this happened to me, I would've shaved her head of something" Alex said, causing me to laugh.

"Daniel and I weren't really dating. We told each other we had feelings and that we were going to think about what we wanted because we were both unsure. I figured out that I wanted him, but by the time I did that, it was too late" I said. "It hurts to think that he did something like that, but I made him wait and I told him to figure out what he wanted, and that's what he did" I shrugged.

"I guess that's true"

The song then finished and we all went and sat back down at the table.

"Don't get comfortable," Anna said, walking over to me.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"I want to talk to you about something. It's really loud in here, so can we step outside? Get some fresh air"

"Yeah sure, let's go" I said and stood up.

We both walked out of the hall and headed towards the front of the school. We walked out the main doors and breathed in the fresh air.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked, turning towards her.

"I lied. It's not me wanting to talk to you, it's him" she said.

I turned around and saw Daniel walking my way, tux and all.

"What the hell, no way" I whispered to her.

"I can't hear you" she said and started walking back inside. "I'll be inside when you're done"

I turned back around and Daniel was now in front of me. I folded my arms and waited for him to talk.

"Hey..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this