~Chapter Forty One~

We sat down on the blanket that he had placed on the ground and started talking.

"Thank you for agreeing to stay, I would've been a bit embarrassed if you didn't," he said shyly.

"I mean, I did tell you I wanted to work on things. You've given me the right amount of time and time for things and I'm letting you gain my trust slowly" I said with a smile.

"Do you think we'll ever be together?" he asked.

"I mean, yeah I guess" I shrugged. "I'm not sure when. It could be tomorrow, a week, a month or even a year"

"A year's a long time" he mumbled.

I took his hand in mine. "I know it's a long time, but if that's what happens, it'll be for a reason"

Daniel sighed. "I'm trying to be patient with you Y/N, but it's really hard," he admitted. "I don't normally do feelings so it's scary that I like someone as much as you. I just want to hold you in my arms all day and kiss you"

I took my hand out of his and moved over towards him. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, then laid my head on his lap and held his hand again.

"You're cute, you know that right?" I laughed, caressing his hand with my thumb.

I saw his cheeks flush a light shade of pink and he tried to cover it up but he saw I noticed. I gave him a small smile.

"Shut up" he laughed.

"It's cute, there's no need to hide it" I smiled.

We sat there for a few minutes just lying in the sun in silence. It wasn't awkward, it was quite nice to sit there in his company and not say anything, it was really peaceful.

"What about your management?" I asked. Daniel looked down at me with a confused look. "I mean, what would they say about us dating? And if we do date, do we need to keep it private and not tell your fans?"

Daniel sighed. "My management prefers us to be seen as guys who are single, even though the fans know who we're dating. With us seeming like we're single, it gains us more attention. They're pretty open with everything, but it all depends I guess"

"I mean, I can do private. I guess it'll be nice" I shrugged. "But majority of your fans already think that we're dating, especially after prom"

"Yeah I know, we can't really do anything about that. Sometimes you just avoid management for a while and do your own thing, they can't do anything towards you, they manage me, not you"

"Yeah, that's true"

We stayed in the field for a while. We took some pictures to post on instagram which of course caused more speculation, and then we started to pack everything up. Once everything was packed and we were in the car, Daniel started driving back to his place.

After about 20 minutes we arrived at his house.

"Thank you for this afternoon Daniel, I really enjoyed it" I smiled, leaning over to kiss him on the cheek.

"I actually have one more surprise for you"

"What else could you have planned?" I asked.

"Let's just go inside and I'll show you," he smiled.

I was confused but I followed and got out of the car. I followed him inside and saw Jonah, Corbyn, Jack and Zach sitting in the backyard on stools. Daniel walked straight through to them and sat down on the remaining stool.

"What is going on?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this