Chapter 1

Michaels POV:

I wake up. Early as fuck like usual.
I roll over to try and grab my phone but as I stretch out my arm I hit something.
Someone
I'm confused as I don't remember who is staying over. This happens more often than you'd think. My mind likes to go blank in the most inconvenient times. But as the person moves I remember who it is.
Jeremy.
My best friend of 12 years.
My best friend since kindergarten.

"Wha- Michael?"
"shit sorry"
"It's fine just- what are you doing?"
"trying to check the time..."
"Oh right"

I lean over and grab my phone to be greeted by the sight of it saying 4:37am
I sigh and try to fall asleep again but my head is filled with thoughts and music. An extremely annoying mix.
I quietly get up and pull on my hoodie before going into the bathroom.
I pull out my glasses from my hoodie pocket and put them on, making the world clearer before looking at myself in the mirror
I've never liked how I look. Messy black hair. Always wearing the same red hoodie covered with all the patches. Covering scars and wounds from my own actions with a mix of the punches from Rich. Headphones constantly round my neck. Black jeans.
The same style i've always worn. Because i'm too scared to change the way I look
The bullying at school can't possibly get worse but i'm too scared to change anything about myself because I know Rich will use it to further ruin my already shitty life.
Jeremy always tries to make me feel better about myself and the way I look and I try hard for him but it never ends up working out.
I take a shaky breath and wipe the tears that have somehow sprang to my eyes completely uninvited, and go back to my room.
Jeremy turns to me as I lie back next to him.

"You okay?"

I can't find the right words to form a sentence so I hope that the nod I give him is enough to answer his question.
With the fact he mumbles something inaudible back and rolls back over facing away from me gives me the impression that it satisfy him.
I breathe a sigh of relief and close my eyes. I know I won't fall asleep. I never sleep past 5am. No matter how tired I am.
So I lie still for an agonising hour and a half. With only the sounds of Jeremy's slow breathing in earshot. Then finally. The sound I usually dread hearing but today it saves me.
My alarm.
Jeremy groans at the sound of it before trying to hit my phone out my hand. He's definitely not a morning person.

"make it stop"

I smiles slightly and turn of the alarm. I feel the duvet being pulled off me as Jeremy attempts to pull it over his head. I deal with this every time he stays over. I bite back a grin

"No Jeremy. We have school"
"Come on let's just skip it. Play video games and get stoned"
"You never miss school. Also not getting stoned. Not after last time"

I watch Jeremy's expression change as he remembers the last time we went according to his plan of getting stoned.

"Yeah so not happening"
"Come on. School"

I hate myself as I say it. Jeremy knows nothing about the bullying at school. I wish I could tell him. But i've hidden it for so long that to tell him now could ruin everything. Or maybe i'm just overthinking it all.
I realise i've been sitting on the edge of my bed engulfed in my thoughts long enough for Jeremy to have dragged himself out of bed and into the bathroom.
Since I got ready at 4:37am, I'm already down a job so I start sorting out my bag. The word iends still bold and clear as hell written in sharpie. No way to get rid of it without Rich knowing. Jeremy with the matching side of BoyF.
Rich seems to think we are gay for each other.
If only he knew my thoughts.
I ignore the writing on my bag and finish packing it and then pick up my headphones and place them round my neck before plugging them into my phone.
Just in time for Jeremy to walk back in.