Stars Up High, Mountains Below - Namjin

Jin pushes himself out of bed with a sigh; he knew he wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight. So he's had no choice but to go up to his safe place.

He threw on his jean jacket and jogging pants, making his way to the hallway before attempting to tiptoe down the staircase; if his parents found out he was going out at night, he would be in a load of crap.

He swiftly grabbed his father's keys to the jeep before running out the front door and closing it slowly. He raised his head to the stars before releasing a sigh. Finally, tonight you can see the stars.

For the last few weeks, it's been cloudy, and Jin has had no way of putting himself to sleep. Stars soothe him and make him feel like he has nothing to worry about, like all the cares in the world fade for just one night.

The male sighed, climbing into the cold car, starting the engine and backing out of the driveway. The clock read one am, meaning he's been up for hours without a single minute of sleep. But that was common for him.

His insomnia kept him up at night, thinking about every single thing that had happened throughout the day and every single thought that had been rotting in his mind for years.

He drove down the bumpy road with Strawberries and Cigarettes playing softly on the radio. He loved Troye Sivan. Troye had such confidence that Jin wished he could also possess it.

He parked the car in the lot of a small hiking path before grabbing his phone from his pocket. This was a regular night for Jin climbing up the small mountains to watch the stars dance brightly in the night sky.

Nothing was more calming than that. You must be wondering why Jin was such a stressed-out individual. Jin carried many secrets too, many to count.

For him, every day was a battle of keeping himself hidden, his true self hidden. He was afraid nobody would love him for who he indeed was. So the best thing for him was to pretend.

Just pretend that he had no problems. That he was problem-free, seemed to calm the people he loved around him and in that moment for him, that's all that seemed to matter.

He slowly reached the top of the hill only to see a teenager around his age sitting where he always sits. The boy looked fragile. Look, a single touch would make him shatter.

Jin slowly approached the male, confused about why he was also there so late. The closer he got, the more he heard soft whimpers. He turned off his flashlight before looking up into the sky.

How could the man be sitting there crying, especially on such a perfect night like this? Jin approaches the man sitting next to him on the small bench. The man jumped slightly at his presence.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he stuttered, moving over to give the older boy space. Jin furrowed his eyebrows before smiling lightly.

"Why are you sorry? You haven't done a thing wrong," he said softly before looking up at the stars again. They were so beautiful. He finally felt safe again.

"I should leave. Have a good night" he went to get up, but curiosity would not allow Jin to let him leave. Jin softly put his hand on his elbow.

"Stay, you're quite clearly not well, and you need someone, were strangers but so are the stars." He spoke softly, looking at the boy shining eyes. The boy seemed to relax at Jin's voice. A small smile accompanied by dimples made its way to his face.

"I don't mean to intrude, but why are you crying on such a nice night like this" the teen scoffed, looking up into the night sky.

"There's nothing nice about this night; I've lost everything." Jin looked away from the stars and at his cute chubby face.

"Care to explain," Jin said, tucking the boy's hair behind his ear. The male jumped at the action but soon relaxed at his soft touch.

"I came out to my family as gay." Jin's breath hitched slightly at the statement causing the boy to move away slightly.

"Don't worry, I'm not homophobic, just shocked such a handsome boy like you could be gay like me.." Jin couldn't believe his own words; he just came out for the first time to a stranger.

"Are you okay?" The boy piped up, putting his hand on the older boy's thigh. Jin nodded lightly before gulping at the action.

"I'm Seokjin, and you?" He asked, putting his hands on top of the strangers. It was weird how a stranger could cause his stomach to create butterflies, but he liked it.

"My name is Namjoon.." Jin hummed, interlocking his fingers with Namjoon. Namjoon smiled lightly at the boys as action. Namjoon just wanted comfort, and even if that meant a stranger holding his hand, he didn't mind.

"I'm 17, and you?" Namjoon smiled at his soft voice before replying.

"I'm 16, just turned," Seokjin smiles, looking at the stranger's tear-stained eyes. He raised his other hand to wipe away the stray tears.

"I wish I were as brave as you, Namjoon" Namjoon smiled before shaking his head light-heartedly.

"I'm not brave... I'm weak; that's why I'm here" Jin shook his head before grabbing his other hand.

"You're here because your brave, I'm here because I'm weak, I keep my secrets stored in my heart.. your the only person who knows" Namjoon smiled at the statement.

"Then you are just as strong as me, Seokjin.. because you came out tonight too" Seokjin nodded lightly.

"I suppose so... I never thought I would do that" Namjoon's eyebrows furrowed at what he said.

"You can't be trapped in your fake identity forever. Being yourself feels much better, well not at first, but you can be yourself with me, Hyung."

Seokjin smiles, looking into the boy's dark brown orbs. "Your one wise 16 years old" Namjoon smiled lightly.

"And your one nice stranger." Seokjin laughed gently at his comment before seeing the boy shiver.

"Are you cold?" He asked, pulling the more petite boy into his chest. The boy nodded, blushing lightly.

"Let's go warm up in my car, don't worry, you can trust me.." Namjoon smiled before interlocking his fingers with the elders.

"I already do." He spoke, grabbing his cold hand to follow him down the hill and leaving the stars up high and mountains below.