Chapter 15

Narancia brought you to his house once more. You two were awfully quite. After all, you were still holding hands with each other. You didn't know but the boy was exploding from the inside and had an urge to kiss you. But he was holding himself back because of your possible reaction. Well, of course, he didn't know you felt the same way about him.

When you two entered home, there was a man sitting on a chair in the middle of the hall. You let go of Narancia's hand, blushing. Bruno Bucciarati was looking at the boy with anger and worry. He frowned:

"Why did you left?! You know damn well your leg needs rest, Narancia!", he shouted, getting up of his chair.

You were visibly confused:

"S-Sorry sir, but what are you talking about? Narancia hurt his leg?"

"(Y/N)...", he signed, "This idiot got shot on the leg and needs rest! He doesn't listen to me one bit! Maybe you could put some sense into him!", Bucciarati said, "Sorry for being so rude and angered right now, it's just..."

You were capable of killing Narancia. How could he lie to you?! You saw him swallow nervously.

"It's funny you say that, Mr. Bucciarati. Narancia here only told me he got a few scratchs and that he was almost shot in a shoulder..."

Bucciarati smiled, piercing with his eyes throught the boy that was already trembling from fear:

"Oh, he said that, didn't he?"

"I'm sorry...", Narancia tried to apologize, "I'll go to bed now."

"Oh, you sure will. If not, I'll call Fugo."

The boy panicked:

"That's not necessary! I'll go now!"

He passed throught Bucciarati and apologized once more before trying to get up. You could see his dificulties getting up the stairs. You were mad at him but still loved him. You couldn't watch him suffer. But, before you move a single finger, Bruno said:

"Go help him, if you don't mind. I'll think about a punishment suited for him."

"Oh, don't worry. I'm going to give him the punishment of his life, believe me.", you said, seriously.

"Be my guest."

Then, Bucciarati leaved with the chair and you got to the beggining of the stairs, where Narancia was standing, blushing furiously. You grabbed on of his shoulders and smiled, trying to make him understand he was in trouble:

"So, Narancia... I don't like liers, you know?"

"I'm sorry... I wanted to go pick you up... I wanted to see you so badly!", his puppy eyes made your heart flutter.

"I don't care.", you said, angry, "Your health is first, you hear me?! Do I seem happy seeing you like this?! I'm so mad I'll think of your punishment while going up the stairs!"

"I'm so screwed...", he signed.

You helped him get up the stairs and to his bedroom. The door was closed and the window was opened. "Did he jumped down with his leg like that?!", you thought. You shook that feeling. You had to remain calm. You closed the door after you entered and closed the window too. Narancia putted his sunglasses at the bedside table and was having difficulties getting his jacket undressed. You helped him and put it on the wardrobe. Narancia was looking at you the whole process.

"Can you stop staring?"

"S-Sorry.", he blushed.

He took out his shoes and sat on the bed, under the covers. You sat on his bed, still not looking him in the eyes.

"I'm so sorry. Please don't be mad at me...", he said, with his head facing the covers.

"Narancia, I'm so mad... And so sad. I couldn't live with the thought of you being hurt...", you admitted, not caring anymore if he finds out you like him.

You started crying.

"I-I can't lose you...", at this moment, you were facing the ground, "You're so important to me..."

"When I was at the ground and the others were carrying me to safety, all I could think about was you.", he admitted, "If I died there, I wouldn't see you again... That thought terrified me. I can't lose you either. Your the most important person to me. I love you."

And, with that, Narancia grabbed your chin, forcing you to look up. Then, he pressed his lips into yours. You couldn't believe it. Narancia Ghirga, the guy you loved, gave you your First Kiss.