Chapter 28

You got to the gang's mansion pretty quickly. Narancia dind't have a clue of what was waiting for him. You just wanted him to feel being loved by the people around him. The only thing you didn't want was to mess everything up.

Your boyfriend opened the door to a very dark hallway.

"What is going on? Don't tell me Mista forgot to pay the electricity bill again!"

You smiled behind him. He still had no idea. You two entered the house and Narancia closed the door. At the same time, you saw the lights lit up and the gang jumping at the front of you two screaming: "Surprise! Happy Birthday!". Your boyfriend jumped back, surprised. You joined the group at the other side, smiling.

"Did you really make a party?! For me?!"

"Of course. It was all (Y/N)'s idea.". Bucciarati said, "We just did what she ordered."

"No, that's not true! Don't put all the credit on me. You guys did almost all of it!", you said, smiling at the gang.

Narancia hugged you and put his head on your shoulder. You hugged him back. Then, while still grabbing you, he motioned for the others to join you. You were almost squashed to death. However, you felt the family's love and friendship. You felt included in something like you never did.

After all that, you finally had the time to admire the decoration. It sure reminded you of Narancia. Trish would be a excellent party planner. Then, when you entered the kitchen, there was a huge cake on the table with a cute small plane on top of it. Your boyfriend opened his mouth wide open while admiring it:

"Oh my God! You guys..."

"It's chocolate and orange, your favorite flavors.", said Mista.

You smiled seeing how excited was Narancia. Then Bucciarati asked for attention:

"Let's have dinner first, then we can eat tha cake."

"Oh... I wanted to eat it now!", your boyfriend pouted.

"I ordered pizza for dinner. If you don't want it..."

"I want it, I want it! Where's the pizza?!", he looked like a child. It was so adorable.

"It should be arriving any second now.", Giorno said.

The pizza arrived just after Giorno finished talking. It was a good timing. You and the gang sat at the table eating all the pizzas Bucciarati ordered. You were so happy around them. Who would knew the italian mafia was down to this simple and dysfunctional family? 

After dinner, it was time for Narancia to blow up the candles. He looked so happy and appreaciated. All of you sang to him and in th end he blowed the candles. After that, you all ate the cake. It was really good! Where did they ordered the cake? Your boyfriend ate three slices in less then five minutes! It was madness!

Then, when all finished eating, Abbacchio went to put the last of the birthday cake in the fridge and returned with a huge present wrapped in golden paper with a purple bow on the top.

"You didn't have to buy me something!"

"If we didn't, you would cry.", Fugo assured.

"Hey, don't be mean!"

"Just the truth."

We all laughed while Narancia was busy trying to find what was on the box. Then, he gasped, saying:

"OH MY GOD, HOW DID YOU KNOW?!", it was a huge music player. Narancia literally hugged the thing, kissing it. He was so happy with their present that you started doubting of the one you bought, "THANK YOU! I'LL TREASURE THIS FOR LIFE!"

"That is, until the next version comes up.", Trish said.

"Why are you all so mean?! (Y/N), defend me!", he hid behind you.

"Weren't you supposed to be an adult now?"

"Damn, Narancia... Even your girlfriend roasts you...", Trish said.

"Come on, guys!"

After a while, Bucciarati and Abbacchio returned (you didn't even see them going away), saying that the living room was ready.

"There's more?!", Narancia was so surprised.

"Of course. We planned a full party!", you said.

"Let's go!"

***

You never went to a party in your life but this one was different. You would never believe if someone said you really enjoyed yourself. You played games in the gang's console, you danced and played board games until 11:30 p.m. At that time, the capo ended the party, saying that you shouldn't bother the neighbours. Narancia was sad but you knew this was the opportunity to give him the ring before you go home.

When all of the gang members went to their respective rooms, Bucciarati motioned to you saying that it was all clear for you to give him the present. You started to feel nervous. What if he didn't like it? The capo leaved just you and Narancia in the living room.

"Man, best birthday ever! To bad it can't last forever...", your boyfriend collapsed on the couch.

"A-Actually, there's something I need to do before the day ends."

You sat  by his side. Narancia sat up too and gave you full attention:

"Is something wrong?"

"N-No. I just want to give you my present.", you looked at his eyes.

"Wha- Wasn't the radio your present?"

"No, I actually got you something.", you push a small box out of your pocket and gave it to him, already blushing, "Ti auguro il miglior compleanno di sempre. Hope you liked it."

You never saw your boyfriend actually tremble for something. He opened it carefully and when he saw what was inside, he blushed like crazy. You were expecting a reaction that never came. Narancia just stood there, admiring it with shinny eyes.

"D-Did you like it?", you broke the silence.

"I love it. I'll never take this off.", he said seriously.

"Thank God... I was so scared you wouldn't like it!", you sighed in relief.

Narancia put the matching ring and admired it a little longer. He must've been shocked because he never stayed silent for this long.

"Is something wrong?", you asked, worried.

"Wanna stay the night?"