Your 20th birthday

When you woke up today, you were super excited. After all, it was your birthday! You really thanked God because your birthday was in the middle of summer holidays. It were 9 p.m. when you got up to eat your breakfast. Your mom was kind enough to make your favorite. Your father gave you a hug and wished you a happy day.

At 10 p.m., you were already getting ready to go to the movies with Francesca. Your best friend had moved to Mario's city when you two finished school and went to college. However, she still came to visit you often. And this was one of those days.

15 minutes later, your best friend rang on the door.

"Francesca!", you hugged her.

She hugged you back.

"(Y/N)! I missed you so much! Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you! How was the trip?", you closed the door behind you two. Your parents came to say hello to her.

"It was good! I was so excited to come! Are you ready? We're going to the movies, girl."

"Yeah, I am! Let's go!"

It was a great day. You went to see the new sci-fi that was on the theater and then you went to eat pizza with Francesca. You wanted to go home now to spend some of the day with your parents and maybe call your boyfriend to join, if he had already finished the mission. However, Francesca had another idea. You two went to walk on the park. You talked about your boyfriends and universities.

At 4 p.m., Francesca got a message on her phone.

"It's Mario. Just worried about me. As always."

"Just to make sure, I'm invited for your wedding, right?", your friend blushed at that statement.

"What are you saying?! It's still too early!"

"I just wanted to make sure!", you laughed.

"Really funny, (Y/N)! Let's get home."

***

At the moment you sat foot on your house, you felt that something was wrong. It was way too quiet. Francesca looked at your face and saw that you were worried.

"What's wrong?"

"This is too quiet. Do you think my parents got out without telling me? What if they're sick?! I'd better check upstairs!"

You started walking but Francesca grabbed your arm.

"Calm down, girl! They could be sleeping on the living room!"

Francesca went ahead. You followed her to an empty living room. Your best friend smiled. You sighed:

"There's nothing her-"

For nowhere, the entire gang and your parents jumped up and screamed: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!". You jumped back, surprised.

"Oh my God! What are you doing here?! I thought the gang was in a mission today!"

"Yeah, we were. Preparing your party.", Narancia said.

"Oh my God...", everything pieced together: Francesca getting you out of the house, a supposed mission, your parents being all nervous on the morning... You turned to your parents, "You knew about this!", next it was Francesca, "You made me walk miles just to get me out of the house!", she laughed.

You started looking around at the decorations. It was really cute what they did for you.

"Of course. Do you think we wouldn't make a party for you?", your father said, "Now, go enjoy it! Me and your mother will be on the kitchen if you need anything."