Chapter 1: Connection Forms

After the Battle of Beacon Hills, Theo was homeless with no future and no plans. That was until a particular beta found him sleeping in his truck one day. Liam was up early in the morning going for a run through the preserve. When he noticed the chimera's blue truck in the parking lot, he decided to peek in the window. He hadn't really heard from Theo after the night at the hospital. They texted a few times;  he knew Theo decided he was going to stay in Beacon Hills. He started working at a local bookstore just to have some money for food. Liam saw him around a few times, but the two haven't really talked since that event. He invited Theo to a few pack meetings, however, the chimera denied, stating "He did not feel like having his eyes ripped out by Malia." However, Liam appreciated his friendship with his old enemy. When he looked in the window, he saw Theo curled up in a ball of blankets in his backseat with bags of clothes and food thrown on the floor. Liam realized Theo was living in his truck and decided to wake the sleeping boy. Theo heard the pounding on Liam's fists on the window; he figured it was the police telling him he can't park there as they have done every morning. He opened his eyes and was surprised to see the blue-eyed beta staring at him. Theo liked Liam; the kid was tough, not afraid to get his claws dirty, and cute, but Theo would never admit it out loud.

He groaned as he opened the door, "Hey Little Wolf."

"You didn't tell me you were living in your truck!" Liam snarled, clearly angry.

"And you would care if I did? I mean Liam I have been living in my truck since you brought me back from Hell. No one cared, and no one cares now. Everyone knows I tried to destroy your pack; heck, I even killed Scott and even tried to have you kill him for me."

"Shut up. I am the alpha of Beacon Hills until Scott comes back, and I need to know these things. You are coming to live with me. We have an extra bed, food, and what even have you been doing?"

"I am not interested in your charity, Dunbar. And if you must know, I started working at the bookstore, and I am living a perfectly content life."

"Bullshit! Come on Theo, just let me help you for once. I know you have changed; I saw it when you took the pain from Gabe. You saved my life countless numbers of times and most of the pack have forgiven you except maybe Stiles and Malia, but still. I am not leaving until you agree."

Theo looked at the beta, covered in a light sweat, in a tight t-shirt and black sweatpants. He looked at the boy's puppy dog eyes, begging for him to say yes like a dog wanting a bone.

"Fine. Only so you stop staring at me sleep."

Theo moved in with Liam after that morning. Jenna and Dr.Geyer easily agreed to have the boy around. After "weeks" according to Liam, they accepted the supernatural world in Beacon Hills. Liam told them about Theo and his background, and they felt sorry for the chimera. Theo helped with the chores around the house, worked at the bookstore, and gave Liam a constant companion. After Mason and Corey have been a bit more distant, doing "couple things." Theo enjoyed having a warm bed, hot meals and secretly loved Liam's company. As summer was coming to the end, Jenna and Dr.Geyer asked Theo about school.

"Well, I haven't really thought of it. I mean I never graduated, but it's going to be difficult getting back in," Theo replied.

Jenna told him she talked to Natalie Martin, and after a few file edits, they got Theo enrolled as a senior at Beacon Hills.