Chapter 29: Not Going to Stop

Liam walked into economics and threw himself down in his seat beside Corey. It was just them in this class. Coach walked in and looked straight at Liam.

"Liam, are you alright you look even worse than I saw you last time?" Coach Finstock asked the boy.

Everyone else in the room slid down in their seats of the awkwardness of the slight insensitivity of Coach, but it was Coach after all.

"I'm fine," Liam replied.

Corey looked over at his friend; he noticed his eyes were red as well as he was covering his hand; he flushed and unfocused.

"You look like you would pass out the first step on a lacrosse field," Coach told him.

"I'll be fine," Liam stated.

"Whatever you say, Dunbar, but if you need some time off, you can take; I won't let someone else have your spot," Coach told him sincerely.

"I don't thank you," Liam kept staring down at his desk.

Liam sat the rest of the period, not looking up; Corey watched him shake all over, trying to curl up tighter in his sweatshirt. The chameleon zipped off his hoodie and draped it over friend's shoulders.

"Thanks," Liam looked at him. His nose started bleeding, from the broken blood vessels in his nose. Just then the bell rang, and the two boys rushed out to the locker room. Corey had him sit down and got him a wet paper towel for his nose. Liam started to get really lightheaded from the lack of electrolytes and now blood too.

"Hey, I'm going to text Mason to get the nurse; I'm not leaving you," Corey told the beta.

"No, please don't tell anyone; I'll be fine," Liam begged.

Corey reluctantly agreed, making sure he didn't fall over onto the floor.

"Have you been getting nose bleeds a lot?"

"I got one a few times," Liam replied, trying to stop himself from falling over.

Corey was supporting the boy on the bench when he remembered the boy's red eyes and red hand.

"Liam, be honest with me, did you force yourself to throw up? Is that why your nose is bleeding?" Corey asked him.

Liam couldn't lie to Corey; the boy was too nice and innocent, looking at him with his concerned look. He slowly nodded his head towards the chameleon.

"Oh, Liam," Corey gripped the boy's shoulder.

Finally, his nose stopped bleeding, and Corey helped him up, basically carrying him out of the locker room.

He grabbed a sports drink from his lacrosse bag; "here drink this or I'm telling Coach you shouldn't practice today."

Liam stared at him filled with slight anger; the drink had 140 calories he didn't deserve.

"Liam, you have no electrolytes in your system right now; you look like you are going to fall over any minute plus if you want to make it through practice you are going to need some energy," Corey told him.

The boys walked in very late to chemistry, however, the teacher didn't say anything to them. Liam's eyes were still red, and she figured he was upset about his parents, and Corey was comforting him, so she decided not to put him on the spot.

"Where were you two?" Mason whispered to them.

"Just was talking to Coach," Corey told his boyfriend. He made a promise to Liam. Liam looked over and gave the boy a slight smile. He didn't deserve a friend as great as Corey.