Chapter 35: Hospitalization

Coach ran over to Nolan and Corey who were trying to get Liam to wake up.

"Dunbar, Dunbar, damn it I knew this was going to happen; someone call an ambulance," he screamed at the team.

"Liam, you got to wake up," Corey shook his small body.

"Does he have a pulse?" Nolan asked him.

"Very faint, but yes," he told his friend.

Mason and Theo ran onto the field.

Theo stopped Coach from calling an ambulance, "I'll take him."

Theo swooped Liam up in his arms, and Mason, Corey, and Nolan went with him.

Nolan got in the passenger seat as Corey and Mason were holding Liam in the back. Theo couldn't breathe he was driving so fast; his hands were gripping the steering wheel. Liam couldn't die; he wouldn't let him. The boy didn't deserve this; Theo started crying. Nolan looked at him; he never saw the chimera cry before. Nolan watched Theo hold back tears for the boy he loved.

"Hey, Theo; he's going to get better," Nolan told him.

"Nolan, you don't know that," Theo screamed at the boy.

Nolan sat there quietly.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean that I'm just scared," the chimera told him.

"Don't worry, Theo I am too."

"He's still breathing, barely, but he is," Mason reported from the back seat.

Theo rushed into the emergency room parking lot and grabbed Liam and carried him inside. Corey had dialed Melissa on the ride over, telling her what happened. She met them at the door, taking Liam from Theo's hands.

"I'm sorry, but you guys are going to have to stay in the waiting room until the doctors check him out," Melissa looked at them.

Theo, Mason, Corey, and Nolan went to the waiting room. Theo threw himself down on a chair, head in hands. Mason wrapped Corey in his arms. Nolan was calling Alec to tell him to come to the hospital. A little bit later, a man sat down beside Theo.

"You know I never thought we would be in this situation."

Theo looked up at Peter looking down at him.

"Caring for someone this much."

Theo looked at the man, "Me either."

Derek, Malia, and Peter all showed up in the emergency room with Argent and Alec following behind. Melissa called them, and they all wanted to make sure the beta was ok.

"I just got off the phone with Scott, he's coming home tomorrow after his class at 11 to see him," Malia told the group.

"Stiles and Lydia tried too, but Noah and Natalie told them they can't miss any more classes, and they said Liam will be better soon to see them," Derek said.

"I hope they are right," Theo muttered into his hands.

In the hospital room, Melissa was helping the doctors take Liam's vitals.

"This boy shouldn't be living right now."

"I've never seen someone so dehydrated and malnourished."

"He has cuts all over his stomach."

"His pulse is reading 32."

"His skin is freezing."

"His hands look like he's been purging too which means his electrolytes will also be off."

Melissa's heart sunk at each statement.

She inserted an IV into Liam's arms to hopefully bring enough fluids in the boy for him to wake up. Another nurse shoved an NG tube down the boy's nose, she cringed watching it.

"Nurse McCall, we need his guardian to sign off to get him admitted to the psych ward. We are going to keep him in ICU for two days or until he is stable," a doctor told her.

"I'll go get him," Melissa looked down at the boy. Melissa came out to the group looking somber and silent.

"How is he?" Theo jumped her.

"He's alive, but he's not in good shape," Melissa told the boy.

Mason dug his head into Corey's shoulder. Nolan and Alec looked worriedly at one another. Derek, Peter, and Argent looked at one another. Malia stood up and grabbed Theo's shoulders pulling him down into a seat. The boy had tears coming down his face, and Malia rubbed his hand trying to comfort her old enemy.

Melissa went over to Peter, "You have to sign this; they are admitting Liam to the psych ward after he's stable enough to leave the ICU."

Peter stared at the paper and reluctantly wrote down his signature. The Sheriff and Parrish walked in together after work.

"How's he doing?" Noah asked Melissa.

"Not good; he hasn't woken up yet," she looked at the sheriff.

"Poor kid," he and Parrish shook their heads.

The doctor who was in with Liam came out and came over and whispered something in Melissa's ear.

Theo almost passed out having to wait that long for what he said to her.

"We are allowed to go in, but he's not awake, and they don't know when he will be."

Theo jumped up almost punching Malia in the face.

"Sorry," he looked at her ashamed.

"I'll let you go only this time Raeken," she glared at him.

The group went in; they took Liam up to the ICU, and he had a room by himself. The boy looked to be peacefully sleeping, however, he had a tube coming out of his arm and nose. Theo walked over and grabbed his hand and put it up to his face kissing it. Mason stared at his best friend, having flashbacks to him broken, beforehand, gripping Corey's wrist.

Peter walked past and brushed Liam's hair, "Oh kid." Derek, Peter, the Sheriff, and Parrish sat down in the sitting area in the far corner of the room.

Melissa check his fluids and rubbed the beta's hand. Malia sat down beside Corey and Mason near Liam's bed as Alec and Nolan sat down beside the chimera. They sat there in silence for two hours until Melissa came back in, and said they need to go home.

"Theo, do you want to stay with him?" Melissa asked.

Theo of course jumped on the opportunity; everyone else somberly left looking at the sleeping boy.

Melissa came back in and gave him something to eat, "I'm going to go home now; call me if he wakes up, no matter what time it is. I already got you off school tomorrow, obviously."

"Thanks, Melissa."

Theo stared at his boyfriend, barely breathing, liquid going into his arm.

He never in his life felt so much for anyone like how he loved Liam. Theo grabbed his hand and never let it go, holding it until he fell asleep.