Chapter 9: The Pack Reunion

Theo woke around 6:00 to look at Liam staring up at the ceiling still wrapped in his arms. This was one of the soundest nights of sleep he had in a long time, without nightmares of Tara, probably a mixture of exhaustion and the scent of Liam in the bed.

"Did you sleep at all? Theo asked the beta.

"I can't Theo."

"Liam, you look like you are going to pass out you need to try."

"I'll try it tonight. I am going to go for a run."

"No, you aren't until you eat something and sleep a little bit; you would pass out if you went now."

Liam didn't care what Theo had to say; he had to go now. He took what little strength he had left, and his IED acted up. The beta somehow managed to push the chimera off of him, slid on his shoes, and sprint out the door in his hoodie and sweatpants.

Theo swore under his breath and chased after the Little Wolf. Scott and Malia heard the commotion and woke up to check it out. Argent was sitting downstairs when he saw Liam sprint out.

"What happened?" Argent questioned Theo before he followed him out the door.

"He couldn't sleep, so he decided to go for a run. I told him not in his condition, but he fought his way out. Liam hasn't eaten in who knows as long and didn't sleep at all he's going to pass out. Scott and Malia threw on shoes with the man.

Scott, Malia, Argent, and Theo jumped into Theo's truck and peeled off towards the preserve. It didn't take them long to find Liam like Theo said he passed out at the edge of the woods. However, they weren't the first to find him.

"He looks like death," Peter said to the group.

Derek and Peter were patrolling the preserve as they saw Liam enter the woods. They called after the beta and followed him as he blacked out. Derek had just picked the boy up as they saw Theo's truck pull in.

"Well, you would look like death too, if you've been through what he has," Malia barked back at her father.

Theo basically ripped Liam out of Derek's hands; "I got him; I'll take him back to get some sleep."

"Maybe some food too; the kid looks smaller than he already was," Peter stated.

This time no one argued with Peter.

Theo climbed back into his truck with Liam. The others decided to finish patrolling with the Hale's. He returned to the McCall house and carried Liam up to the guest bedroom to sleep it away. The chimera walked back down to Melissa making coffee.

"Want some?" she asked him.

"Yes, please"

"Black? I assume"

"How'd you guess?" he laughed.

"Motherly instincts; where did the others run off to?"

Theo told her what happened as she sat there shaking her head thinking about Liam. The two sat there in silence watching the news for about an hour until the rest came back from the preserve, Peter and Derek included.

Melissa glared at Peter, but laughed, "I didn't know we were having guests for breakfast."

"When don't you want me," Peter smirked, while Argent stomped on his foot.

Argent helped Melissa layout a breakfast spread for the crew.

As they ate, Melissa said, "I got off the phone with the Noah; he's going to let Liam have the day off today, but tomorrow he thinks the boy needs to discuss service plans for his parents."

Theo nodded solemnly; he knew he was going to have to support the Little Wolf through this.

"We'll let him sleep for a while, but when wakes up I want him to eat something," Melissa said.

"I'll make sure he does," Theo replied.

Peter heard his tone and grinned to himself; he didn't realize Theo had such a soft spot for the beta.

The group hung out in the living room playing a card game, waiting for Stiles and Lydia's arrival. The Sheriff, Ms. Martin, and Parrish were going to pick the pair up from the airport and bring them straight to the McCall house.

Around noon, Natalie's car rolled up with Noah driving, Stiles was crammed in the back seat with Lydia and Parrish all over each other. Natalie and Noah went to the kitchen with Melissa and Argent. Parrish and Lydia made an entrance, and Lydia walked right up to Theo and gave him a hug surprisingly. He accepted as she whispered, "I know this hurts you too," before sitting down with her boyfriend.

Stiles ran in and jumped in Derek's arms, "You wouldn't believe it I was stuck in the back seat with these two for thirty minutes watching them make out with each other,"

"Well, why don't we show them?" Derek kissed his boyfriend on the lips.

Peter looked away, "disgusting," he muttered.

As the rest of the pack smiled, happy for the two of them.

"Where's Liam?" Lydia asked remembering this wasn't a happy time.

Theo told them what happened this morning, then said he was upstairs still sleeping.

Little did anyone know Liam woke up when Stiles and Lydia arrived, avoiding human contact, he bared his claws into his arm.

Nolan, Alec, Mason, and Corey showed up around 1. When Theo said "late afternoon," they were there at the earliest moment. The pack decided to order pizza and waited for Liam to come downstairs. Nolan and Alec looked worryingly at all the pack members being in one place at one time. Nolan grabbed Alec's hand comforting both boys; Scott saw this gesture and smiled. Mason and Corey ran over to Theo and pulled him privately in the adjacent room.

"How is he?" Mason asked the chimera.

"Honestly, not good, I am scared Mason actually," Theo revealed.

You could see a worried look come across the couple's faces.

"How long has he been sleeping?" Corey asked.

"Eh, a couple of hours; he didn't sleep at all last night," Theo said. Theo suddenly tried to tune into Liam's heartbeat; he noticed it seemed to have moved. He realized the boy was up and decided to go get him.

"I am going to come up, too," Mason told Theo.

Theo agreed and the two boys left Corey downstairs, not to overwhelm the Little Wolf.