Chapter 20: The Funeral

Theo laid Liam down on the bed and watched the boy's chest rise slowly up and down. He wasn't going to leave until the boy woke up. Scott opened the door and sat down on the edge of the bed while Theo was looking at his beta.

"Would you mind coming down to talk with everyone? I think he's stable right now." Scott told the chimera.

"Ya, I'll come down," Theo said to Scott. Scott helped Theo up. 

"Thank you for being there for him," Scott told him. Theo was shocked that Scott really did forgive him and trust him now.

"I'll always be there for him," Theo stated.

The rest of the park was downstairs sitting in the living room; they had ordered pizza since everyone was starving hadn't eaten since this morning. Theo grabbed two-slices and sat down on the couch beside Peter.

"So, what we have learned is Monroe is advertising herself; she is passing out wolfsbane like it's candy and who knows about the funeral tomorrow," Scott said to the pack.

"Don't worry about the funeral," Parrish told the alpha. Noah just put almost every man available to guard the funeral. The funeral was going to be small anyway just immediate family members and the pack.

"But the wolfsbane thing is a concern," Derek spoke up, "There was enough wolfsbane in that container to severely weaken  or kill anyone of us."

Stiles shook his head, "I've snuck into her file on the FBI database as well as the hunters that claimed to have killed Liam's parents. They haven't been able to track her or find her supplies."

Noah shook his head at his son, proud, but afraid of his son getting expelled from the academy before graduating.

"Derek and I haven't found any signs of her except her victims either," Argent spoke up.

"Peter and I have searched all through this town," Malia said.

The pack stood there stumped at what to do next. Alec, Nolan, Mason, and Corey went home with their parents expecting them home directly after the viewing. Everyone else eventually followed not knowing what to do next.

Theo, Scott, Malia, Melissa, and Argent sat in the living room. "I am going to check on him," Theo told the group.

"See if he will come down and eat something," Melissa yelled after the chimera.

Theo opened the door and peered in at the beta curled up in a ball; he was fast asleep. Theo decided not to wake him up; he knew he wasn't going to eat anyways. He got ready for bed and woke Liam up to get him out of his suit. Liam looked worn out and couldn't sit up; he just stared at his boyfriend. Theo helped him up and out of the suit. Liam tried to change by himself embarrassed of his appearance and his inability to get undressed himself. Theo tried to ignore the Little Wolf's appearance, but he was shrinking away more and more. He still had the stitches where Deaton repaired his stomach, still not fully healing, his toothpick legs had claw marks from gripping onto them today, and he was shaking uncontrollably. Theo grabbed one of his own sweatshirts, knowing the younger boy would swim in it, hoping to warm him up. He threw Liam a pair of his own sweatpants and underwear. If it had been any other time, Theo wouldn't be caring about Liam's face and looking elsewhere, but currently all, he could focus on was the blue eyes tears welling up in them. Liam threw the clothes on and collapsed once again on the bed. Theo curled up around the beta; Liam gripping his arm. Liam passed out from exhaustion, but Theo was struck by nightmares. Usually, his nightmares consisted of Tara taking her heart back, but today it was Liam getting killed over and over again. Theo started crying in his sleep and shaking. Liam woke him up to calm him down.