Chapter 54: Looking Bleak

Stilinski and the rest of the police force arrived at the parking lot at the zoo to arrest the hunters that hadn't run away at this point.

Peter ended up taking a wolfsbane bullet in his shoulder, protecting Malia. Parrish was in the process of burning it out of the man. Alec took a shot in his back, protecting Nolan, but it was already healing. Everyone else was bruised, but fine.

Mason and Corey came out of the tunnels. "We lost Liam; he went sprinting because he smelled Theo."

Derek and Malia went running into the tunnel; Argent, Nolan, Mason, and Corey following them, searching for the couple.

Liam and Theo were in a pool of Liam's blood when the group found them. They got Theo conscious, however, Liam was barely alive.

"Liam, you got to get up," Theo cried holding the small boy in his arms.

"Come on, I called Melissa; she's meeting us at Deaton's," Argent pulled the chimera up off the ground. Malia took Liam out of Theo's arms as Derek and Argent helped Theo. They got in Argent's SUV, heading off towards the vet's office.

Derek's phone started ringing, "Stiles, we are kind of busy right now."

"Why the hell didn't you tell me what was happening, my dad told me what if someone got killed; what if you got killed?"

"Stiles, I love you, but it all happened too fast there was nothing we could do."

"Is everyone okay?" Stiles calmed down on the other end of the line.

"Liam's not in good shape."

"Call me when you know anything; I will buy a plane ticket right now, I love you."

"Stiles, he's going to be fine, stay at school, before your father kills me."

They pulled into the vet office rushing Liam and Theo inside. By the time, they got inside Theo's chimera power already rejuvenated himself. Deaton and Melissa were both at Liam's side; Melissa inserting an IV and using the nine herbs. Deaton looked at the wound; it was wolfsbane and mistletoe mixed. Theo and Derek were holding the beta's hands, taking in his pain, black lines going up their arms.

"Please, don't both of you pass out," Deaton looked at them.

After, they got the bullet out as well as the toxins; Liam was still barely stable. His body wasn't healing like it should in his weakened state.

"There's nothing more we can do; it has to be up to Liam if he lives or not," Deaton looked at them.

Peter, Alec, Nolan, Parrish, and Stilinski came in at this point, staring at the broken beta once more.

Scott ended up showing up a few hours, seeing Theo, Mason, and Corey sleeping beside the boy.
Peter, Derek, Malia, Argent, and Melissa were up in the other room. Scott touched Liam, watching black veins go up his arm.

"Oh, Liam," Scott looked down at the beta.

Malia wrapped her arms around his boyfriend, "something smells different about him," Scott told her.

"What?"

"I don't know something is different; I'm worried."

Theo, Mason, and Corey woke up and stared at them.

"Hey, Scott, pleasant surprise?" Theo questioned him, looking with concern at Liam.

"You okay, Theo?"

"It's my fault he's like this."

"Theo, I swear if you start blaming yourself like Liam."

"It's my fault, but I'm not going to be like Liam I'll just save him a few times to make it up to him."

Scott smiled at the chimera, sitting down beside Mason. The boys and Malia sat there for twelve hours; Melissa checking in and bringing coffee and food.