Chapter 40: Numbers Scare

!TW: weight (numbers)

Theo awoke to a slam of a car door; he rolled over and looked at his phone. The Puppy Pack group chat was blowing up because Scott or someone must have told Mason what they did with Liam, and neither Liam nor he was answering the other boys' texts. He heard voices and realized it must be Melissa; he heard Mason's voice suddenly and read the messages more closely. Mason and Corey must be with Melissa because they called her panicking that no one was answering. The chimera also realized it was 9:00; he threw on clothes and looked at Liam still curled up in the bed. He heard him move and figured he probably should get him up.

"Liam, baby, it's time to get up."

Liam rolled over to the other side of the bed.

"Liam Dunbar, are you ignoring me?"

Liam again shifted positions. Theo ripped the blankets off the boy.

He heard a knock on the door, "Theo are you guys awake?" Scott yelled through the door. He must have stayed with Malia in the Hale house.

"We will be out in a minute after a little beta decides to move."

Liam had no choice but to get up after Theo left him shivering with no blankets in the bed. He threw on an oversized hoodie and sweatpants and sat back down staring at his boyfriend.

"Someone's cranky today," Theo looked down at the small boy.

"I'm not ready for this."

"C'mon it's better than being stuck in a hospital alone."

"But at least not everyone is watching you go through this."

"Liam, no one is going to think of you any differently after this."

"That's what you think."

"Liam I tried to kill half of the pack, and they are starting to forgive me; I think you are underestimating them."

"I guess you're right."

Liam and Theo emerged from their bedroom. Derek, Peter, and Melissa were sitting at the island in the middle of the kitchen. While Malia was on top of Scott on the couch and Mason and Corey were sitting in the love seat across from them. Liam decided to collapse on the floor, beside Malia and Scott; Theo following suit of beside his boyfriend.

"Hey, Liam," Mason looked down at him.

Liam glared at him, "Hi."

"Geez, it's not that early," his best friend looked down at him.

"How was school yesterday?" Theo asked Mason trying to get the attention off Liam.

"Nothing new really; I got you guys' work, and I got some of Liam's for next week too. You're coming back on Monday right?"

Theo hadn't really thought of it; he knew Melissa and the doctor told Liam he wasn't allowed to go to school, but he guessed he probably should go back.

"l guess I will," Theo looked at Liam who was curled up with his head on top of his knees. He will be fine for a few hours, without him during the day Theo hoped.

Melissa called the kids into the kitchen to get breakfast. Theo pulled Liam off the ground as the boy put his hood over his head.

"Come on Little Wolf you know you have to."

Melissa pulled Liam aside, before eating, "Liam I have to get your weight to give it to Dr. Miller to see what you need. You're 5'6 right?"

Liam shook his head as Melissa gave him a cloth gown to change into. "This was like inpatient," Liam thought to himself.