Chapter 14: Comforting the Beta

Scott pulled in about an hour later; Theo woke the small boy up. Liam glared at him with his blue eyes.

"Already?" the Little Wolf asked his boyfriend.

"Liam, you just slept for 24 hours," the chimera chuckled at the beta.

Liam dragged himself out of bed and downstairs. Scott had brought home the boy's favorite pasta at least trying to convince Liam to eat something. Scott was really worried about him; his mom pulled him aside after Theo and Liam left the hospital. She told him if he doesn't start eating soon. He's going to have permanent damage, even as a werewolf, or even with his sped-up metabolism she doesn't know how long he can survive like this. Melissa told her son, after the funeral on Wednesday they were going to have to crack down on him even if that meant hospitalization.

Theo and Scott kept up some small talk to try to distract the boy from just eating. Liam stared at the pasta, counting all the unnecessary calories it had in his head.

"Why couldn't they understand he didn't deserve this?" Liam wondered to himself.

Theo and Scott both ate their meals, staring worriedly at the beta as he pushed his pasta around his plate taking small bites here and there. Theo watched him pick up his napkin after each bite and needed no werewolf senses to tell him he was spitting it out into the piece of paper. After they were done; Scott looked at Theo as if to ask him which one would say something first. Scott decided he would this time.

"Liam you really need your strength after yesterday's incident. How about you try to eat half of it?" the alpha told his beta. Scott even picked up the boy's plate and pushed slightly over half of it back into the box and gave the smaller portion back to Liam. Liam glared at the plate, his handshaking. Theo watched as his boyfriend's claws started to slightly to appear on the beta's hands; he grabbed his left hand and looked at him with comforting eyes. Liam reluctantly picked up his fork and started taking small bites.

"I can't do anymore; I am going to be sick," Liam told them. The older two stared at the younger one's already small portion about half of it was gone.

"At least it was something," Theo thought to himself. "Thanks for trying," he told the boy.

Scott went upstairs to complete some of his schoolwork. Theo started to too as Liam just stared at the chimera.

"Theo, can we go on a walk?" Liam asked his boyfriend.

"Sure, just a light one. You still look exhausted." Theo stared at his love. He grabbed his hand, and they went into the street.

"You good with holding hands in public," Liam asked him. Liam knew he was always the physical person; he never really saw Theo touch anyone in public except to punch them in the face.

Theo smiled at him, "only because it's you. You don't know how long I've been waiting to do this."

"When did you realize you liked me?" the beta asked the chimera.

"When you kissed Hayden in the woods when you had me chained to you," he smirked at him. "When you did that my heart skipped a beat, I mean I pretended to just want to get away, but really I just didn't want to accept it."

The small boy shuttered, "how had he not realized?" Liam thought. "Not going to lie, after Hayden was taken by the Ghost Riders, deep down I knew I was glad it wasn't you."

The couple walked for about a mile and returned to the McCall house after Liam looked fatigued and lightheaded. Liam looked at his phone; he had a message from Mason telling him if he needed him to let him know. One from Coach, saying that he was sorry about hearing about his parents and not to worry about practice or his position just to take care of himself. Honestly, Liam didn't even know Coach could actually be that nice.

Little to Liam's knowledge, Coach Finstock actually loved Liam. He could see the boy struggled with trying to live up to his own standards for himself, even though he exceeded everyone's standards. He obviously knew about Liam being a werewolf; I mean everyone did after Liam was spotted shifting at Brett and Lori's deaths. After seeing him taking punches from Gabe and the others without fighting back, he respected the kid. He was shocked when the boy forgave Nolan and even more when the boy made him co-captain. The boy had natural talent, and it was a shame he didn't see it in himself.

Liam texted him back to tell him thanks for being such a great coach and thought about how much time it has been since he touched his lacrosse stick. It was only three days, but Liam never missed practicing for that long. His heart started to beat fast because his mind went spiraling that he was going to lose his skills, his performance ability, then not even his captain position, but be thrown off the team. He realized how much that would have disappointed Dr.Geyer and even his own mother, and the thought of them being even more disappointed in him sent him into a full panic attack. The beta started shaking even more than he already; it was becoming hard to breathe. His vision started getting spots; he started clawing at his own arms, not knowing what was happening to him. His heart was racing, he was sweating, blood falling off his small body. Theo downstairs started to hear the boy's heartbeat go off and ran upstairs embracing his boyfriend.

"Liam, you got to breathe. It's okay; I am right here. Look at me."

The two boys' eyes met, and Liam began shaking slightly less, his claws retracted, and his breathing began to calm down steadily. It took about ten minutes for the beta to calm down.

"Liam, that was a panic attack," Theo looked at the exhausted boy. "Do you want to talk about what happened?"

Liam shook his head; "I think I am just going to lie down for a little bit."

Theo agreed, "Would you like me to stay with you?"

The boy shook his head, and the couple laid down; Liam curled up in the older boy's arms.