Chapter 22: Aftermath

Liam woke up once before Theo; Liam was trapped under the chimera's arms. He started freaking out about being pinned down; Theo woke up and glared at him squirming in his arms.

"What the hell are you doing?" Theo asked the beta.

"I don't like feeling like I am trapped," he said as he threw Theo's arms off of him.

The movement slightly tore open one of Liam's stitches on his chest; he was still not letting himself heal.

"Calm down, Little Wolf," Theo got up and cleaned the blood off of the boy's chest, then threw on a hoodie and some jeans. Theo looked at his phone; he had a bunch of missed text on the pack group chat making sure Liam was alive. A few from Mason asking if he was alive which was unusual and Nolan sent him some stupid picture of a cat in the puppy pack group chat. He still can't believe he agreed to be called that with Liam, Mason, Corey, Alec, and Nolan. He just then noticed that it was already 1 in the afternoon; that's why Mason asked if he was alive. Theo had never slept that long in his life. The Dread Doctors didn't care if he was up until 5 am on a call; he had to be up and ready by 6 am on the dot, or they would shock him. He replied to Mason, hoping he didn't have his ringer on in Spanish. The rest of them went to school today; Liam and Theo were the only ones who weren't going back until Monday.

Liam was dressed by the time Theo looked up off his phone and still looked exhausted even after sleeping for almost twelve hours.

"Hey, let's go downstairs and get some breakf..lunch?" he told his boyfriend.

The beta rolled his eyes at him but followed him down, "it's called brunch."

"Sorry I was never taught civilized mannerisms," he chuckled at the beta.

Scott was already up and at the table on his laptop, trying to do some assignments, however, the alpha had fallen asleep on top of his plate. The couple startled him as he was wiping his half-eaten toast off of his face.

"I have this stupid anatomy exam on Monday. I need to study for," Scott told them.

"Well, maybe you should try sleeping, first," Theo told him.

"I had an essay due at noon; I had to finish," Scott replied.

"I wouldn't want to read that," the chimera laughed at him.

" I don't even remember what I wrote..."

Theo got out the eggs and toast; Melissa got ready for Liam and him to try to make Liam eat something. He had two pieces of toast and two scrambled eggs, while she made Scott and Theo a lot more which is what they were supposed to be eating with their faster metabolisms.

Liam stared at the breakfast not knowing what to do. He knew they would be disappointed in him if he couldn't try, and Melissa had threatened inpatient on him. He couldn't eat this; he didn't deserve this. He wasn't unaware of the state his body was in; he was always cold, his clothes were barely staying on him, and he missed some of his muscular frames. It wasn't that he didn't want to eat, but he just couldn't. Liam looked and decided by eating a piece of toast; it might get them to be less concerned. 70 calories for one piece, 50 for half a Tablespoon of butter; he could do this. Scott and Theo were watching the younger one's head spin as he thought all of this, staring at the food untouched. Theo wished he could just someone how to start eating normally again, live a normal life, and be a normal teenager, but he couldn't. He never even knew what that was like.

Liam finally picked up the piece of bread and took a small bite; it took him twenty minutes to finish the one piece of toast, but at least it was something. Scott looked scared at the rest of his untouched meal.