Chapter 11: Peter to the Rescue

Theo woke up and stared at the Little Wolf. Liam was actually sleeping, looking adorable and vulnerable. Liam rolled over and stared the chimera, in awe, because of the chimera's beautiful features. Theo wiped the hair off of Liam's eyes to look at the boy's blue pools staring at him. Sadness was present in his eyes.

"Let's get this over with," Liam told his friend after thinking of today's events

The pair wandered down the stairs; Argent and Melissa were sitting at the table to welcome the boys.

"How'd you sleep?" Melissa asked.

Theo thought about it; he slept better than he had for longer than he could remember. Liam just stared at the ground, the black bags under his eyes showed what his night consisted of.

"Good," Theo told the woman. Liam chose not to respond. Theo grabbed some coffee off Argent, while Liam melted onto a chair. 

Scott and Malia came down the stairs a few minutes later. Malia still stared at Theo in disgust, but she didn't say anything. She sat down beside Liam and grabbed his hand, making the claws retract that slowly appeared on the boy's hands. Malia gave him a reassuring look to calm the beta. She knew what it was like to blame yourself for your family's death. The thoughts of her sister and mother still haunt her today.

Melissa started to make the gang breakfast; Liam stared at the wall, as the rest of them small talked. They began to eat the meal; Liam stared at the piece of toast with butter and a small pile of scrambled eggs Melissa laid on his plate.

Scott looked at his beta, staring down the meal. "Hey, Liam why don't you try something, it's going to be a long day."

Liam picked up the piece of toast and nibbled on the crust around it, avoiding the butter and eggs; he didn't want to argue with the Alpha. Everyone stared at the beta but didn't want to say anything to upset him.

Scott, Theo, and Liam jumped in the jeep to head off to the station where Liam would have to fill out some paperwork and discuss funeral arrangements for his parents. Stiles greeted them at the door of the station, leading them back to his dad's office. Sheriff Stilinski gave a subtle smile to the boys as they entered the doorway. Stiles closed the door behind them and sat with Scott in the corner, letting Liam and Theo sit in front of the Sheriff. Stilinski looked at the poor boy, not wanting to go through this, but he knew it had to be done. He handed Liam some paperwork to sign, letting Liam open their wills, leaving all belongings to Liam.

"Okay, Liam. Now you are seventeen and under law, you cannot be classified as an independent, you need a certified guardian. Theo's brain processed this quickly, realizing Liam would have to move in with someone, changing the Little Wolf's life more than this already did.

"I'll be his legal guardian," Theo stated.

Stiles and Scott looked confusingly at the chimera. "I'm nineteen, and I lived in the household."

Stilinski looked at Theo; it's not like he didn't trust the boy with Liam, but on documents, it wouldn't look good. He didn't like the idea. Suddenly, someone opened the door. The group stared at the man who opened the door.

"I couldn't help but hear through the door what was going on."

Stiles looked at the man, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Moral support? I'll sign it the kid; can live the same life, and I'll check in with him. It's only for the next year."

The Sheriff looked at Liam to see his reaction; Theo looked at the boy waiting for his response. Liam nodded his head in agreement. Stilinski handed the paperwork over to Peter for him to sign.

Theo smiled at the werewolf, "I guess you did really change."

Peter looked at the chimera, "Looks like we both did," indicting Theo's hand on top of Liam's.

After the surprising visitation, Noah called over the funeral director to come in and talk to the beta. Liam with the support of Theo, Scott, and Stiles, picked to have the visitation on Tuesday and the service on Wednesday. He knew both Jenna and Dr.Geyer were popular with lots of friends, coworkers, and family members waiting to say their final goodbyes. The funeral would be held outside; the way they would want it and short. By the time everything was planned, it was late into the afternoon. The existed the police station and found Peter sleeping in the back seat of Roscoe.

"Why are you still here?" Stiles glared at the man.

"I wanted to treat you all to lunch," Peter said calmly.

Just then, Malia, Derek, and Lydia pulled up in Lydia's car. Stiles ran to Lydia's car to sit beside his boyfriend; Parrish left the station to slide into the passenger seat on his lunch break. Malia jumped out of Lydia's car and slid into Scott's passenger seat. Liam stared at Theo; he couldn't back out at this point, but the boy was anxious about going out. The crew pulled up to a small diner on the outskirts of Beacon Hills. The beta gripped Theo's hand as the existed the jeep; Peter wanted to help the boy, but this was maybe a little more forced than the small boy needed at this point. They sat down at a table near the back, and Liam stared at the menu, cautiously scanning it for something he could handle. Everyone unknowingly watched him struggle with this.

"How about chicken noodle soup?" Theo asked his friend.

Liam nodded and ordered when the waitress came around. After the food came, everyone was devouring their food because we all know werewolves have insane metabolisms. Liam pushed his spoon around his bowl, refusing to take a bite.

"Liam, I'm not paying for you, if you aren't going to eat anything. And as your legal guardian, now, you have to try something," Peter smirked at the boy.

Everyone stared at the older man in shock, not realizing his move at the police station. Malia stared at her father, "Well, Liam I guess we are kind of siblings now, and I am saying you have to try to eat something."

Liam reluctantly took a few spoonful's of the soup, trying to avoid any more harassment. The pack left the restaurant and returned to their own homes.