Chapter 13: Thiam

Theo woke up the next morning from Liam's monitor beeping; he somehow fell asleep on the edge of Liam's bed. Someone had wrapped a blanket around his shoulders. Theo panicked at the sound, but then saw Melissa rearranging the cords on Liam's chest. He glanced at his phone, a bunch of text messages from the pack, and realized it was 11 am. Theo has never slept that late in his life.

Melissa glanced at him, "Good morning," she laughed at him.

"How's he doing?" the chimera asked.

"No change for the worse. His wound looks slightly closed, but his werewolf abilities should have closed it hours ago. Melissa knew from Scott that guilt could keep your body from healing as well as being in his malnourished state.

Theo realized Liam had been out for twenty hours and felt his heart pounding. What if he didn't wake up? Suddenly, the beta shifted in positions, relieving Theo from his panic. Liam rolled over and looked at Theo confused at where he was. Then, he felt the IV in his arm and ripped it out in a panic. Theo grabbed his hand to stop him from tearing at the rest of the wires.

"Liam!" Melissa shouted. She quickly ran out to grab gauze to stop the blood coming from his arm. She left to call Scott to tell him Liam was awake and threatened Liam for him not to take himself off the monitor.

Theo stared at the Little Wolf, "You know I have never been more scared in my life when I saw you laying there." He wanted to scream at Liam for being stupid for going out alone, but he knew he was fragile right now.

"Why would you care, Theo?" Liam questioned. Not knowing how anyone could care about him.

"First, Dunbar. Literally, every one of the pack members came to check on you because they were worried about you. Secondly," Theo took a breath "I love you."

Liam stared at the chimera, processed what he had just said, then decided, "I love you too Theo."

Theo looked at Liam, his blue eyes staring back at him. He leaned in in kissed the beta. Liam embraced it; their lips were held together for a minute until Mason and Corey walked in.

Mason dropped his phone at the sight of the two boys as Theo broke off of Liam's lips. The beta collapsed back into bed, and Theo leaned back in his chair.

Mason smiled and said, "Now I know why you have been my friend for all of these years." He handed Corey $10.

Liam blushed and asked, "What was that for?"

"Mason bet me $10 you too would start dating in the next month; I said next week," Corey laughed.

"You guys knew!" Liam shouted a little too hard hurting his back wound.

"Of course, I knew; I know you better than anyone." Mason laughed. "How are you feeling?"

"Eh," Liam replied.

Melissa came in with Scott, Stiles, Malia, Derek, and Peter trailing behind her.

"Hey, you're alive!" Stiles smiled.

The wolves could smell some anxiety in the air, and everyone looked at Corey and Mason smirking at each other. Theo had leaned back into the corner with a smug look across his face; Liam looked flushed in the bed. Derek put it together; it was similar to when the pack figured out him and Stiles were together.

"What did we miss?" Derek asked the pair.

Liam looked like he wanted to hide, but it was impossible in the hospital bed. Theo was actually proud of himself for once in his life; he looked at the beta as if asking for permission. Liam rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Mason and Corey walked into Liam and I kissing," Theo said boldly. It's not like Theo was afraid of the pack or his reputation for that matter.

Surprisingly no one seemed shocked at his statement; apparently, they weren't as subtle as they thought.

"Am I they only that like girls in this pack?" Peter asked.

Malia hit her father as Scott glared at him.

"Okay, Scott and I," Peter corrected himself.

"Parrish, too," Stiles smirked.

"I hate all of you," Peter said bluntly.

Melissa came in and instructed everyone to go out for a few minutes, so she could talk to Liam alone.

"Okay, Liam how do you feel?"

"Okay."

"Not just the wound, about everything."

With Melissa's motherly eyes looking at him, Liam broke down in tears. She gently gave him a hug as he calmed down.

"I miss them."

"I know, honey. It's going to be hard, but you have to move on at some point. I'm not talking now or even soon, but it will get better I promise. But you need to take care of yourself, Liam, everyone cares about you no one likes seeing you like this."

"It's hard Melissa I feel guilty; if I wasn't a werewolf, they would be alive right now."

She looked at the poor boy not knowing what to really say, "It's not your fault, Liam. You had nothing to do with this, sometimes there is just evil in this world. Is that why you aren't healing or eating?"

He didn't really answer her, but just looked at her ashamed.

"It's okay, Liam. You just need to be careful; I don't want to make you stay here."

Melissa gave the small boy a hug, concerned with how much she could feel his spine.

"Ready to leave?"

Liam nodded his head as she unplugged the machines.

"Sorry to bring this up, but are you going to be up for tomorrow?"

Liam completely forgot he agreed to the viewing being tomorrow.

"Ya, I guess."

Melissa smiled at him as she helped the beta get up. He felt weak and shaky; he walked out into Theo's arms. Everyone was staring at Liam trying his best to walk, but he felt like he just had been shot with wolfsbane again. Theo ended up just picking up the Little Wolf and taking him to his truck that Argent brought over earlier for him. Liam's stared at Theo driving towards the McCall house, his strong hand gripping the wheel with his glassy blue eyes on the road.

"Liam, you need to start talking to me. I love you, but I can't help you if you don't let me know what is on your mind."

"I know, Theo. It's just hard sometimes."

Theo looked at the beta curled up in the passenger seat and gently grabbed his hand until the pulled in the driveway. Theo helped get Liam in and up to their room.

"Why don't you lie down until Scott comes home with lunch?"

"Is the whole pack coming?"

"Nope just Scott, you, and I," Theo smiled at the boy.

"Good." Liam just couldn't handle everyone right now; it was all too much.