eleven

Michael.

An hour before Jennifer needed to start her chemo, I heard a knock on my office door.

"Come in" I spoke, knowing it was most likely a nurse here to update me on Jennifer, because I hadn't went by the see her since Luke took Harper on a ride, I wanted to give her time to chill.

But to my surprise, I saw Harper.

"Harper" I exhaled slowly, seeing her looking to me.

"Come sit. How can I help you?" I asked.

She cleared her throat, entering and taking a seat slowly.

"I want you to help me get my mom transferred to a different hospital." She spoke.

I stared to her.

"Harper-" "I'm not questioning your skills, I believe you're a great doctor- everyone talks very highly of you. I'm simply doing this because my mom has feelings for you, and I've noticed that you flirt back, and when she gets involved with a guy, she looses herself and she can't handle that while fighting cancer, so I need you to help me." She spoke.

"Harper, I assure you, I'll make sure to devote all of my skills to curing your mother-" "there is no cure," she spoke, calling me out on my bad word choice.

"I know- I just, I'll pour my heart into killing the cancer that is in her system right now." I told her slowly.

Her phone rang, making her glance to the screen before silencing and ignoring it.

"My point is that I need my mom." She spoke to me firmly.

I looked to her.

"I may act all tough and act like I don't give a fuck, but I do. I'm having to fight and beg for my moms attention every time she gets a man and I can't do that while also watching her get weaker and weaker-" the phone rang again.

"Do you need to get that?" I asked her.

"I don't know the number." She mumbled slowly,.

"Harper, I assure you- if your mom and I turn into anything at all, you will not have to fight for her attention." I told her.

"Right now your mom is processing a lot and dealing with the move and she's just-" the phone rang again, making her groan before finally answering

"Who is this?" She didn't even say hello.

I watched her eyes widen in front of me as she stood

"Oh my god" she spoke

"What's wrong?" I asked, moving around my desk to grab her.

"Our house was broken into, vandalized and robbed,"