forty-nine

Michael.

"I can't look" Harper's voice cracked as the five of us sat at my computer, loading the results of her MCAT, which would determine whether she could apply for internships and give her the official title of Doctor.

"You have to look!" Ashton yelled as we all waited impatiently.

"Just tell me." She spoke, covering her face just as it loaded.

She passed.

And we all couldn't even make words

We just broke into the loudest yells possible, making her look up, immediately joining us in yelling and jumping with us.

We made a group hug

"That's my fucking girl! I knew you could do it!" Luke yelled, kissing her head firmly as she hugged me immediately after

"I have to go tell Tyler and his mom" she smiled.

Tyler and his mom were still here.

Tyler was doing college online and his mom was steadily deteriorating, but he was taking it like a champ.

He was always here for her, he had already cried all the sadness away, he knew it was coming, and we made sure to be there for him nonstop.

But over the past years, Tyler and Harper became very fond of each other.

They won't admit to any of us that they're dating, but we do always manage to walk in on them kissing or cuddling together somewhere, but I can't give him the talk until they come out as dating, so I just threaten the fuck out of him every time I catch them kissing.

Harper.

I ran to Tyler's moms room, seeing them both awake.

"Did you pass?" Tyler immediately moved to his feet, grabbing my hands.

"I did!" I exclaimed, making them both break out with the happiness that I have been surrounded with for the past ten minutes and it felt so amazing.

But unexpectedly, Tyler grabbed my face- kissing me, making his mom go silent.

Tyler and I have been a thing for the past year at least, but never this open about it.

The boys and his mom question us 24/7, but we just smile and shrug.

But this was different.

He pulled away, and I heard his mom clapping.

"I've been waiting on that" she grinned happily.

"Be my girlfriend." Tyler spoke to me, making me smile.

"I've been waiting on that."