forty-eight

Three years later.
Harper.

"It's just a test." Calum told me calmly as I stressed the fuck out.

"A test that determines the rest of my life-" "not true" michael sang from the kitchen.

"If I fail I can't even start my internship-" "if you fail, you take it again- no biggy." Calum spoke.

"I don't want to take it again, I want to pass this time!" I stressed to them.

"Harper" Luke spoke from the stairs, a smile on his face.

"You've been studying for the MCAT for five months now- you know everything that we know, if not more. You've been tested by all of us along with most of the other doctors in the hospital- you got this." He spoke to me firmly.

"I should've just went to cosmetology school-" "yeah, because cutting hair is so thrilling" Michael snorted, rolling his eyes.

"It'll all be worth it the first time you touch a heart" Luke told me with a smile.

"Been there, done that" I spoke, making each of the boys smile.

"Harper, get your ass up, put your contacts in, put your shoes on and go take that fucking test." Ashton spoke to me, throwing my shoes in front of me.

He was right.

I had to take it.

I could do it.

So that's what I did.

I put my contacts in, I fixed my hair and threw on shoes.

I got my good luck hugs from all the boys and I left.

I went and I took my test and I was fucking confident in how I did

I went back home, and almost ran inside.

"I think I did good!" I yelled as soon as I walked in.

All the boys let out yells, raising their hands and cheering.

"Thirty days until I get results though, that's going to drive me fucking crazy." I spoke to them, seeing them smile.

"It'll be the fastest thirty days of your life"