forty-seven

I checked on her every ten minutes while the guys and I were still awake.

I informed the guys about the lamp and made sure that they didn't do anything that would freak her out during the night.

Around midnight we all went to bed, I checked on her one more time before I went to my own, covering up and exhaling

Just as I felt my body finally relaxing, myself slipping into a dream, I heard the click of a lamp before I felt weight moving the bed.

I opened my eyes, seeing Harper crawling under my sheets.

"Do you mind?" She whispered to me.

"Absolutely not." I told her, pulling her into my chest.

She relaxed into my hold, her hand resting on my stomach

"You'll always be safe with me."

I woke up to loud talking.

And a loud, familiar laugh.

"I said- it's time to eat!" Ashton almost yelled as he almost threw Harper over his shoulder, bouncing her as he walked out the room.

I rubbed my eyes, groaning lightly.

I hated the mornings.

I soon joined them downstairs, seeing Harper eating at the bar with Luke, who talked to her quietly.

"Morning sunshine" ashton grinned, handing me a plate.

"Morning" I laughed lightly, hating how much of a morning person he was.

"How'd everyone sleep?" Calum asked.

"Good" Luke spoke

"Decent" Ashton nodded in agreement.

"Good" I spoke, making everyone look to Harper, who was drinking juice, staring to the tv that you could see in the living room.

"Harp" Ashton laughed lightly, making her instantly focus to the conversation.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked her.

"Good" she nodded firmly, smiling to us.

"How are you feeling? Still a little weak?" Calum asked.

"No- not really actually" she spoke slowly.

We had no idea whether she was being truthful or not.

"Well keep up with the fluids and eating, I want weight gain." He spoke, making her instantly nod.

"I called in today, I'm going to take her shopping and out to the park and such." I told the guys, seeing them nod lightly.

Harper's eyes stayed glued to mine, but she didn't say a word.

Once everyone left to get ready for work, she spoke.

"I don't want you to take me shopping" she told me firmly.

"I'm getting you a phone-" "no, I'll get a job and buy my own phone." She spoke firmly.

"No you will not" I spoke to her in the exact same tone.

"Michael-" "I know you just enrolled in college." I told her firmly.

She sent me a confused glance, wondering how I knew.

"You focus on college and get A's, I give you everything you want-" "that's not even, Michael" she laughed lightly.

"Is too" I spoke with a smile

"Because I know that you enrolled to study medicine." I told her, myself so excited that she chose this path.

"How do you know all of this?" She laughed to me.

"You put me as the emergency contact, they send me all the confirmation emails." I told her, seeing her immediately smile.

"College is hard- especially when you get into medical school, so I want you to focus on that and nothing but that. When you're a doctor, we can talk about what you owe me." I grinned to her, seeing her laugh.

"And what will I owe you then?" She asked me.

"An internship at my hospital where you can be taught by the best four doctors you've ever met."