twenty-two

We went straight to the hospital.

Ashton carried Harper's limp body into the building, herself not giving any sort of reaction.

Michael and Calum smiled as soon as they saw us

"Just in time for rounds" Calum grinned, knowing I certainly wasn't working today.

"I need more sleep before I should be trusted with any medicines." I laughed to him, seeing Michael taking Harper into his arms from Ashton.

"She took Midole- thats why she's in such a deep sleep" I informed him, seeing him slowly nod.

"I'm gonna put her on the couch in my office."

Harper.

I woke up to the sound of a door shutting and I knew I was in Luke's arms, but as I went to open my eyes, I felt my body hit a soft surface.

"Luke?" I spoke immediately, sitting up in the dark room, not knowing where the hell I was.

"It's Michael" Michael's voice spoke, a lamp clicking on, revealing his smiling face.

"We're home?" I asked slowly, seeing his smile increase.

"Yes, you're home." He spoke, grabbing a blanket and pillow, placing the pillow where my head would lay and carefully putting the blanket over me, squatting in front of me.

"Do you need a heating or cooling rag for your stomach?" He asked.

How the hell did he know I was having cramps?

"Please" I asked quietly, seeing him stand, leaving the room for maybe three minutes before returning,

"Here you go" he spoke as he rubbed the rag in his hands for a few moments before handing it to me.

I placed the rag on my lower belly, feeling coldness as I let my head fall against the pillow.

"How's mom?" I asked, seeing him nod slowly.

"She's good. You and I have some talking to do about the bone marrow transplant that Luke mentioned to you, but we can certainly do that when your eyes aren't bloodshot from sleep deprivation." He spoke, a smile on his face, making me slowly agree.

I was tired.

"Get some sleep, I'll check on you soon." He spoke, giving my shoulder a small squeeze before standing.

"Thank you" I spoke quietly to him, seeing him smile.

"Goodnight, Harp"

I woke up to sun hitting me in the face.

I whined lightly, trying to turn around, but my foot came into contact with something solid.

"Watch it" Luke's voice spoke tiredly, making me look down, noticing that my foot was touching Luke's chest.

I couldn't help but laugh, which made a smile come to his face.

I tried to fall back asleep, but I failed, making me get up from the couch, which Luke immediately claimed the rest of.

I left Michael's office in only socks? Leggings and a Luke's hoodie, going to my moms room.

I entered her room, greeted with the sight of my mother and Michael sharing a quiet intense kiss.

"Didn't I say no fucking my mom while I was gone?" I immediately groaned out, making them both jump, pulling away from each other,
Michael scratching the back of his neck.

"I- we didn't- I um-" "I'm letting that one slip only because you were really nice to me this morning" I mumbled, seeing him smile as my mom laughed, pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you?" Michael laughed slowly, his cheeks slightly red.

"Harper when you're up for it, I actually need to talk to you." Michael spoke, making me nod, but my mom grabbed my arm.

"Is this about what I think it's about?" She asked.

"Yeah" I confirmed for Michael.

"I'm giving you bone marrow and Michael wants to talk about it before I actually commit, so I'm gonna go do that" I mumbled, seeing a shocked look spread across her face

"Harper, as much as I appreciate you trying to help me, I don't want you undergoing a surgery for me,"