Forty

Harper.

"Come inside and pack." My mom demanded as I watched the sunrise.

I refused to go inside all night.

I didn't want anyone to speak to me

I wanted to be alone.

"No." I spoke firmly.

"Harper, please don't make this harder on me than it already is-" "imagine how hard it is on me" I interrupted her.

"Pack your shit or it all stays." She spoke to me before leaving.

Soon the guys all walked outside to leave for work.

Calum kissed my head gently.

Luke kisses my cheek, giving my shoulder a small squeeze.

Ashton hugged me as tightly as he could manage

And surprisingly, Michael sat beside me.

"I'm sorry for some of the things I said about you and your dads relationship last night-" "none of it was false" I shrugged lightly.

"But still, I should've handled my anger better and not make it all about you. I shouldn't have brought up something that bothers you." He told me.

"It's okay" I mumbled to him

He hugged me tightly.

"Try to convince her to let you stay with us." He spoke quietly to me.

"I doubt she will, but I'll come tell you guys goodbye either way." My voice cracked at the mention of me having to tell the guys goodbye.

He kissed my head firmly.

"Call me if you need anything.

I still didn't pack.

I didn't move from my spot on the porch.

I was tired, I was angry and sad

I shouldn't have to do anything I don't want to do.

An hour later she came back outside.

"Load your stuff, we're going to a hotel until our plane leaves tonight." She spoke, glancing to me.

I stayed frozen.

"Harper, don't make me ask again-" "I'm eighteen." I spoke, looking to her.

She raised her eyebrows

"What are you implying?"

I didn't speak.

"You are eighteen." She confirmed.

"But who pays for everything you want? You don't have a job. You can't even afford your own phone bill. I give you all your money-" "michael loves me!" I almost screamed to her, feeling tears run down my face.

"But he doesn't, Harper!" She screamed back to me.

"He cares about you, yes. But the minute he finds a girlfriend and has kids, you will be fucking nothing to him. Nothing. You're not his blood- you've never even said you've loved him, you think he's going to just throw money at you? No. You'll just be a burden."

I felt tears falling repeatedly.

"You don't know that." I spoke firmly.

"He doesn't give a fuck about you." She spoke to me.

"He wanted me. And I told him in order to get me, he had to win you over."

I felt my heart breaking more and more.

"I'm not going with you."

"You are absolutely going with me, if you choose to go home and emancipate yourself you can, but you will be coming home with me."