thirty-three

I wiped Harper's mouth as I made sure the lady's chest was packed and covered with everything I had that was sterile.

And Harper went into pure panic mode.

I carefully took the gloves and mask off of her, hearing her gasp for air.

"I want out- get me out!" She sobbed out as I tried desperately to calm her.

"Harper, Harper." Luke even tried getting her attention, it didn't work.

"I need her out! I have a critical patient and a scared teenage girl in there- you've gotta be able to do something else!" The chief yelled as I forced Harper into my hold.

"I'm gonna pass out, Mikey- let me go." She gasped for air

At this point, she needed to pass out.

The situation wasn't getting any better and she was stressing her body out way too much.

I held her as tight as I could, she wouldn't pass out.

She just continued to fight me.

"Luke- help me" she sobbed out, begging for anyone.

"Michael." I heard Ashton voice, making me look up- seeing him holding a sedative.

I took it- seeing her immediately panic.

"Needles- michael needles." She panicked even more.

"It's ten seconds, and you'll sleep-" "i won't even be able to tell you goodbye if we end up dying." She sobbed, her hand holding the hand I had the needle in.

"We are not going to die." I told her calmly.

"Let me give you this shot and I'm going to hold you until we can get back out-" "I want Calum" she cried, suddenly wanting the only person who wasn't even here.

"Page Calum."

I held her crying body, attempting the shot a few times, but immediately being stopped by her grabbing me or trying to get away- which was two things I didn't need her to do.

Ten minutes later I saw a very confused Calum.

"Cal- get me out" Harper cried out to him.

"Why is she panicking so much?" Calum asked.

"Her phase of shock wore off as soon as she had to touch a ladies heart."

She was too young and too unexpecting to walk into this situation.

She was in shock, she was tired, she was having anxiety and constantly convincing herself that she was going to die in this elevator.

"Harper, let Michael give you the shot so that your mind will stop freaking you out." Calum told her calmly.

"Please, just get me out." She cried.

"She can fit through this." Calum spoke to the firefighters, referring to the crack that he had his hands through to touch her.

"Too risky-" "too risky is leaving her in there with an already stressed doctor and an open patient- let her slide out and we will slide a small intern in to assist Michael." The chief demanded.

They agreed.

I handed Luke the relaxer, knowing he would still need it.

Calum.

I watched her slide her legs through the crack in a rush- almost trying to run out of the elevator.

"Slow" I spoke just as I felt her weight completely hit me, before hearing her head collide with the roof of the elevator door.

"Shit, Calum!" Michael yelled as me as if it was my fault as Harper hurried herself into me, crying,

She had blood on her, she was hiding her arms from us, knowing Michael gave Luke the shot.

I motioned to Luke, carefully lifting her shirt as I held her tightly.

The second Luke bent the waistband of her shorts down, she knew what he was doing, but he quickly did the shot.

She barely reacted.

"I want michael out- what if it falls" she cried.

"It's not going to, the firefighters will have him out in minutes." I convinced her slowly.

"Let's go get you a shower, you've got blood in your hair." I told her.

I could hear her crying throughout her shower.

She had just lived her biggest fear, I didn't blame her.

Ashton soon ran in, exhaling

"They got it working, Michael is going with Luke to the ER to close that lady." He informed me, making me thank god.

"How's Harp?" He asked.

I suddenly didn't hear her crying

"Harp?" I spoke.

No response.

"Harper?" I asked again.

I couldn't hear the shower anymore, no crying, no voices, like she was gone.

"I'm going to open the door Harper" I warned her .

Then I opened the door, seeing her in shorts and a sports bra, over the toilet, gagging.

"I feel sick" she whined to me.

"That's the sedative, you need sleep, let's go" I spoke calmly.

As I lifted her, Ashton grabbed her wrist.

I stood still for him to get her pulse.

"Let's get her a room, her heart rate it a hundred and twenty."

So we got her a room, just to monitor her.

She was experiencing an anxiety attack on top of everything else.

We hooked her up to a blood pressure monitor, electrodes, and a heart rate monitor.

I watched her eyes continually dip from the medicine.

Right before she fell asleep, Michael joined us.

"Pretty girl" he smiled to her.

"You were so fucking brave, I am so damn proud of you" he told her

"I fucking threw up everywhere and cried like a baby for the past two hours." She spoke to him.

"Harper you didn't cry or throw up until after we performed a surgery that people twice your age still struggle to perform." He told her slowly, knowing that the medicine was kicking her ass right now.

He laughed lightly as she didn't respond, her eyes barely staying open

"Get some sleep, angel"