thirteen

Harper.

I stood beside Luke's car as he hugged the three guys, Michael coming to me as soon as he told Luke goodbye.

"Please don't have sex with my mom while I'm gone" I spoke bluntly, making him physically choke in front of me, making the smallest smile come onto my face.

"You definitely don't have to worry about that." He spoke to me firmly, making me slowly nod.

"I'll text you with updates on her treatment and such, as long as you keep me updated on what you two are doing." He spoke, making me nod slowly.

"Have a good flight." He spoke, sticking a fist out to me.

He wanted me to dap him up?

I touched my fist against his, making him smile widely as I laughed lightly.

"See you guys in two days" Luke spoke for the two of us.

And we got into the car.

Luke immediately smiled, turning to me.

"Thank you so much for choosing me to come, I needed a vacation." He grinned.

"Thank you for being my favorite" I laughed to him.

Just as it got dark, we got to the airport, checking in, getting our tickets and putting our bags through baggage claim.

We went through security successfully together, found our gate and sat together as we waited on our plane.

And we talked, we had a normal, great conversation.

I actually got to talk about some of my feelings, get some stuff off my chest, and it felt so good.

"So your dad just packed up and left?" He asked after I brought up my dad being a piece of shit.

"Yeah" I exhaled slowly.

"He's got his own family in a town about thirty minutes from ours, two daughters and a little boy." I spoke.

"How long ago did he leave?" He asked me.

"Almost a year ago, but he had been cheating for years and my mom ignored it." She spoke.

"And you knew?" He asked, making me nod.

"I used to be his baby girl" I spoke, feeling a lot of emotions hit me suddenly.

"I used to be his world, and then one day I noticed he was mean, he yelled at me a lot, a baby had taken the place of me on his screen saver, and I connected the dots." I told him.

"Which is why you don't want your mom to date again." Luke mumbled, making me look to him, not knowing what he was getting at

"Your dad broke your trust, he broke your heart." He spoke slowly.

"You don't want to have to trust another guy ever again, better yet, you don't want to see your mom broken like that again." He continued slowly.

I nodded

"No ones ever gonna hurt us like that again"