Zuri's New Old Friend

"Whoa

"Whoa. This is scary." Jessie said before Emma and Chloe looked at her. 

"You're doing everything wrong?" Emma asked as she looked at the book Jessie was reading. 

"Aw, Jessie! You're reading a book about how to accessorize! Good for you! Admitting you're doing something wrong is the first step." Chloe said as Emma nodded. 

"Watch it or my second step is gonna be nailing your bedroom doors shut. No, this is a childcare book." Jessie said. 

"I hope there's a chapter in there on inappropriate anger." Chloe said as Emma nodded. 

"I'm sorry. I'm just worried about Zuri. According to this book, she should've outgrown her imaginary friends by now." Jessie explained. 

"Well, we haven't noticed her talking to Millie the Mermaid lately." Emma said as Chloe nodded. 

"Millie! Swim out, swim out, wherever you are!" Zuri said as she looked under the piano. 

"Then again, we also didn't notice when she wore her Halloween costume til March." Chloe said before she went back to texting. 

"I have a little problem here." Bertram said before they saw that Mr. Kipling was wrapped around his ankle. 

"I'll say. Lizard anklets are so last season." Emma said. 

"He's been so clingy lately. Like my mother, but without the mustache and bingo addiction." Bertram said.

***

"Thank you for letting me bring Mr. Kipling on our outing, Jessie. He has been very lonely lately." Ravi said before everyone looked at him.

"Probably because Bertram's leg broke up with him." Chloe said.

"He sighs all the time and he just pushes his crickets around the dish. Also, he insists I read him paranormal teen romance." Ravi said.

"I knew I saw drool on my Twilight book. I just thought it was mine. I'm definitely Team Jacob." Jessie said with a smile before Chloe and Emma nodded.

"How do I get you on Team Luke?" Luke asked.

"Change your age, height, and abs." Jessie said.

"I have a six-pack." Luke said as he pointed to himself.

"Yeah, of pudding cups." Zuri said from under the bench before everyone but Luke laughed.

"Well, Jacob may have abs, but he's just a big, glorified dog." Luke said.

"Hey, Luke, fetch!" Jessie said before she threw the baseball.

"Whoa!"

"Zuri, don't you wanna go play too?" Jessie asked.

"Nah, I'll just hang here in the shade with Millie the Mermaid. She's wearing the coconut bra that gives her weird tan lines." Zuri said.

"She should be wearing sunblock. What am I saying? Come here. Sweetie, wouldn't you rather have a more visible playmate? I mean, um, oh, what about that little girl?" Jessie asked after she put Zuri on her lap.