Gotcha Day

"Aww

"Aww."

"I can't believe it's been seven years since we brought Zuri home from Uganda." Christina said as they looked through a photo album. 

"Gotcha Day is the day to celebrate the arrival of an adopted child?" Jessie asked before Christina nodded.

"Exactly."

"Gotcha." 

"Ew! Bertram! This coffee table is a sticky mess." Christina said after she touched the table to put the book down. 

"What? I wiped it down earlier. I'd be delighted to do it again. May I say, ma'am, I know you've given up modeling, but those ankles are still runway ready." Bertram said as he cleaned the table. 

"Wow. You can mop up and kiss up at the same time. I hope you stretched first." Jessie said with a sarcastic smile. 

"Hear ye, hear ye. All rise for the Gotcha Day girl." Luke said after he and Morgan walked to the top of the stairs. 

"You know her, you love her, you wanna squeeze her til her pigtails pop, Zuri Ross! Luke, I think you accidentally grabbed stink bombs instead of smoke bombs." Morgan said as everyone coughed while Jessie helped Zuri down. 

"You think? My brain is melting." Chloe said as she held her nose. 

"I really should organize my prank bag. This is just unprofessional." Luke said as he looked through his bag. 

"Bertram, can you please clean this up?" Christina asked as she looked at him. 

"You mean the air? I'll get right on it, ma'am." Bertram said before he sprayed air freshener. 

"Wow. My Gotcha Day is off to kind of a stinky start." Zuri said. 

"Oh okay. Here are the smoke bombs. Yeah." Luke said before he shot a confetti popper. 

"For your Gotcha Day, we're getting you a label maker." Jessie said before Luke blew the trumpet.

***

"I am so sick of you kids making me look bad in front of your parents. You make the messes. You clean them up." Bertram said as he held a mop and bucket out to Luke, Emma, and Chloe. 

"I would never dump your chili on the floor." Emma said. 

"That would be cruelty to roaches." Chloe said as Emma and Luke nodded.

"Save your breath. I can see the guilt all over your faces." Bertram said. 

"These are freckles. For once, I'm innocent." Luke said. 

"Well, then what's this chili on your shirt, huh? Not chili!" Bertram gagged. 

"Ew! You might as well lick a taxi cab seat." Chloe laughed.