We Are So Grounded

"Alright! Guys, let's go! We have to catch the limo to the private jet to meet your parents at the villa in Bali

"Alright! Guys, let's go! We have to catch the limo to the private jet to meet your parents at the villa in Bali." Jessie called as she stood at the end of the stairs.

Chloe and Emma walked in with their suitcases.

"Uh, girls, we're only going to be there a week. Do you really need that many clothes?" Jessie asked.

"We sent our clothes ahead." Chloe said as Emma nodded.

"Yeah. This is just all of our electronic thingies, so we can stay in touch." Emma said as Chloe nodded.

"I'm also bringing my songbook."

"Haven't you ever heard of postcards?" Jessie asked before the girls rolled their eyes.

"You are so 20th century."

"Babes of Bali, here I come!" Luke said as he walked downstairs.

"It's nice of you to warn them. Now you can get rejected on a whole new continent." Chloe said as he looked at her.

"Alright, we're late! Bertram, we have to leave for Bali!" Jessie called before Bertram ran in.

"You said we were leaving tomorrow."

"I said tomorrow yesterday, which makes it today." Jessie said before Bertram gasped.

"I gotta pack my water wings! I'm not as buoyant as I look!" Bertram said before he ran to his room.

***

"This private jet is amazing! Holy Donald Trump! That chair has a massage button!" Jessie said as she sat next to Bertram. 

"After twenty hours on a plane with this bunch, you'll be begging me to crush your head in with a rock. Crab cake?" Bertram offered as Jessie took one. 

"Jessie, have you ever been to Indonesia?" Ravi asked. 

"My dad's idea of an exotic vacation was running through the sprinklers as a Gloria Esteban CD played." Jessie said. 

"Quiet! I'm trying to read." Luke said as he rolled his eyes. 

"You are reading? This plane just flew into a Parallel Universe." Jessie said as she looked around. 

"Don't worry. It's not a book. It's a graphic novel based on a legend about an island full of monsters. Do you think we'll see any monsters on our trip?" Luke asked as he looked at Zuri. 

"Yeah, sure. We're gonna be taking care of him in our old age." Zuri sighed as everyone nodded.

***

Eight hours later, Ravi was reading, Emma was texting, Chloe was writing in her songbook—while occasionally texting and checking her phone—, Zuri was annoying Jessie and Bertram, and Luke read his comic book.

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

"Please stop asking that question!" Jessie exclaimed.