Green-Eyed Monsters

^^^^

***

"Open up the hangar, here comes the airplane!" Ravi said before Jessie caught one of the lizards that was crawling away

"Ravi, do Kipling's babies have to eat every meal with us?" Zuri asked.

"Not that we don't enjoy their little footprints in the butter." Jessie said before she put the lizard back with the others.

"Now, if I could just train them to jump in the jam and scurry across my toast." Ravi said.

"What is this?" Emma asked as she held up lizard skin.

"Aw. One of my little treasures has shes its skin! They grow up so fast." Ravi said after he stood up and took it from her.

"Yeah, I thought this bacon was a little scaly." Luke said after he took the piece out of his mouth.

"And yet, you ate it." Jessie said before Luke put it back in his mouth and everyone gagged.

"Ew! This is the most disturbing thing I've ever seen! Second most disturbing thing." Chloe said after Bertram ran in screaming and wearing only a robe and shower cap and before Emma patted her back.

"Still number one for me. And I helped a Texas Longhorn give birth. I really earned that merit badge." Jessie said

***

"Okay, I called this family meeting because there seems to be some unspoken tension about Ravi's lizards. And by unspoken, I mean endless, loud whining. Ravi, would you care to respond?" Jessie asked before everyone looked at the sleeping boy.

"My babies complete me. I have never been happier." Ravi said after he stood up and after Chloe hit him.

"Poor Ravi. You look like a sleep-deprived raccoon." Jessie said.

"And not in a good, high fashion way." Emma said as Chloe shook her head.

"Definitely not."

"I cannot cope! Why did no one tell me parenthood would be like this?" Ravi asked.