Upcycling and Lost Charms

^^^^

***

"Thank you for donating

"Thank you for donating. Thank you for donating." Chloe said after a girl placed a few clothing items in a bin and a guy tossed a shirt at her.

"Upcycling is when you take old clothes, add some bling, make them sing, and then, you donate them to charity. I actually just made a beach bag out of a couple of old skirts. Yeah. I call it the totes cute tote." Chloe said with a small laugh after she put the tote bag on her shoulder.

"Andie! Andie, Andie, Andie." Chloe called as she walked over to her best friend, who was using a blowtorch and carrying a small bin.

The blonde walked up to Andie and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Chloe, what did we say about sneaking up on the girl with the blowtorch? My brother did that once. He still only has one eyebrow. Whoa! Flower pins, score!" Andie said before the two high fived.

"Right?"

"Andie and I have been best friends since second grade. We also have art class together and we are co-chairs of the upcycling club. We actually go together really well. Even though we're sort of cut from a different cloth. I am a soft velvet, where she is more of a Bulletproof Kevlar. Almost like Sofia." Chloe said with a smile.

"Being the only girl in a house of five brothers leaves some gaps in your girl skills, so hanging with Chloe and also Sofia is like a breath of fresh air, which, in a house with five brothers, is also something I know nothing about." Andie said with an unpleasant look on her face.

"Where are Emma and Rosie?" Chloe asked as she looked around the community center.

"Somewhere collecting donations. Oh, and check it out, Sunshine." Andie said before she held up a pair of jeans that had metal all over the thighs until the shin and before Chloe gasped and smiled.

"Those are trash-tastic! Wait, where'd you get the metal?" Chloe asked as she tapped on the material.

"Oh, from the upcycling bin. I figured if you can't upcycle the upcycling bin, then what are we even doing this for?" Andie questioned after she held up the upcycling bin that had cutouts in it and before Chloe shook her head with amazement.