Phase 7

Mark's POV

As soon as I left the room, I saw all six guys looking at me. I knew that they were waiting for an explanation as I gestured to them to follow me. We reached my office and before I could start, Johnny spoke.

"Care to explain what is going on Mark or Mr. Lee." I sighed as I took a seat on the couch, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"I don't understand myself Johnny. She just suddenly showed up as my secretary. It seems as if she doesn't have any memory about us." I couldn't comprehend anything. Every time I saw Y/N or Jae-hwa or whoever she was, I felt confused and hurt.

"There has to be a reason that she would just randomly show up after five years." Yuta suggested. "Do you think she is linked to the KTA hac-"

"She would never do that," Taeyong argued back. "She never wanted this life and she would never hurt anyone." I went up to Taeyong as I saw he was frustrated with this whole situation.

"I don't mean to be...you know, but isn't Y/N...dead?" Jaehyun questioned. "How could she just come back to life after being shot in the chest?" 

After hearing what Jaehyun said, I broke. He was right. There's a low probability of someone possibly survive a bullet to the chest. It gave me confirmation that I was never going to get my Y/N back and this Jae-hwa girl is someone who just coincidentally looks like her. I lost hope. Taeyong noticed my state and told everyone to leave. Once they left, I completely broke. The tears I have been holding back since her death all just came rushing down my cheeks.

"Mar-"

"She's gone." I whispered under my breath. "She's fucking gone! She broke our promise!" I finally yelled. All the sadness and anger escaping my soul. I grabbed the ring on my finger. The ring she gave me when we made the promise.

Flashback

Mark's POV

Her hand interlocking with mine as I could hear her precious giggles.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked with a chuckle coming from my mouth.

"Trust me, you'll like where I'm taking you." She continued running until I heard the sound of waves crashing. The beautiful scenery of an orange and pink ombre sky and a glistening ocean. I remembered we would always come here as little kids to run away from our parents. She always told me how she wanted to run away with me and be happy. I closed my eyes and took in the salty air. My eyes fluttered open as I felt her hand release from mine and her figure already running towards the shore. I chuckled at her playful state and ran to her.

"Catch me if you can Markie." She smiled and ran along the shore line. I finally caught up and wrapped my arms around her. Our laughter was filling up the atmosphere. Her laugh just lights up my world. She just makes me happy. She turned towards me and her beauty was ethereal. My arm still wrapped around her waist as she was snuggled in my embrace.

"So what was the reason for bringing me here princess." I gave her a smile and her head perked up.

"Right," She chuckled as she grabbed something out of her pocket. 

"These are rings for you and I. I got the rings custom made and engraved on it is the word promise because I promise to stay by your side, forever." She was so pure and innocent. "You promise to stay by my side forever?" I looked into her doe eyes as the sun illuminated her face. I gave her a peck on the lips.

"I promise to stay by your side forever princess." She took my hand and placed the ring on my ring finger. "Maybe I can one day put a wedding ring on this finger." She joked as she caressed my hand. "Yeah one day love. One day." I pulled her into my embrace as we watched the sun go down. I swear this girl. The only one who can make me feel this way.

End of Flashback

Mark's POV

I looked at the ring that brought back that memory. I threw it across the room and fell to the floor. It was all overwhelming to me.

"MARK!" Taeyong screamed at me. That was the last thing I heard before the world in front of me turned dark.