Phase 19

Jackson's POV

"She didn't pick up." I frustratedly slammed my phone down on the conference table. I turned to see Mr. Choi was calm about the whole situation.

"Why are you so calm about this? She ruined our plans for-" Before I could finish, Mr. Choi stood up and threw a file on the table. He nudged his head, signaling for me to take a look at the folder before speaking.

"These are the plans of NCT that Y/N gave us. Since she betrayed us, they are most definitely going to change their plans. However, their main plan is to kidnap Bae Joo-hyun on December 19th."

"Irene." I whispered under my breath. "Where is she?" I asked Mr. Choi.

"Don't worry, she is safe with Jaebeom." I let out a sigh before letting him continue.

"If you look at page 5, Y/N is part of their plan. I'm no longer sure if she's going to be a distraction, but our goal is to take down NCT before they take down GOT7. We need to keep all eyes on Y/N though. Mark is going to find a way to use her and we have to be prepared. She was one of the best agents here so her skills will most likely be an advantage. for them." I put down the files and noticed the vibration of my phone on the table. Mr. Choi looks towards me as I grab my phone. 

"It's Y/N." Mr. Choi let out a sigh.

"Answer it. I have one important matter to discuss, but let's hear what Ms. Y/N has to say first."

Y/N's POV

Mark dropped me off back at home before rushing out for another mission. I lazily walked in the house and dragged my legs to my room. I grabbed some comfortable clothes before heading to the bathroom for a relaxing bath. My mind suddenly remembered the call I received from Jackson earlier. Being too tired to deal with him at the moment, I decided to relax before talking to him.

Drying my hair, I picked up my phone and searched for Jackson's contact. The phone pressed against my ear, I waited for Jackson to pick up. Taking a while, I was about to hang up until he finally picked up.

"What?" I replied simply.

"Wow, betray us and suddenly have the audacity to give me attitude." He scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

"Look, Mr. Choi told me everything and gave me a choice so I chose what would be better for me. Call me selfish, but if you found out about your past and that you were living a lie what would you choose?" There was a dead silence. A couple seconds and still no response. "That's what I thought. So what do you want?" I was tired and wanted to get this over with. There was a long pause before he spoke.

"So what's going to happen between us? I mean you technically chose Mark." He sighed.

"I didn't choose Mark. I just chose my past life." I finally replied.

"But he's part of your past life." His voice seemed emotionless. Before I could respond I heard footsteps indicating Mark just arrived home.

"Look Jackson, I'm really tired right now, but you can ask Mr. Choi about everything because right now I'm done. I'm done with KTA and I'm done with you. I'm sorry." I quickly ended the call and turned around as I saw Mark leaning against the door frame.

"So, Jackson? Who is he?" He stepped closer to me.

"Someone from KTA." I saw how his blood boiled at the mention of KTA. "Don't worry Mark, I had a thing with him and I just broke it off. I really want to try between us and remember I am completely done with KTA." I could tell he wanted to punch something, but he took in a deep breath.

"I don't completely trust you." He blurted out.

"What do you mean?" I raised my brow. He grabbed my phone and surprisingly, I let him.

"Jackson...Jackson...Jackson" I heard him whisper under his breath. Then he chuckled before continuing what he was doing. I looked at every movement trying to figure out what he was doing until he handed me back my phone. He turned around as I was figuring out what he did.

"I deleted every contact in your phone and any messages. You have no contact with KTA or anyone who is supposedly part of KTA. The only contact on your phone is my number and Taeyong's." He walked out and slammed my door. I sighed and decided I was done with this day and headed to bed.