Phase 8

Y/N's POV

On phone

Y/N: "Mr. Choi...Did you get the recording and sketch I sent."

Mr. Choi: "Yes I did. Great work Agent Park. We will analyze the recording."

Y/N: "Wait...I was wondering what KTA is going to do with the information."

Mr. Choi: "On the night of December 19th, KTA has a plan to capture all the mafias for their wrong doings." I felt unsure about this plan. But I knew KTA was smart about their missions.

Y/N: "Mr. Choi, you do understand that NCT knows you hacked into our system and may possibly do something horrible to KTA."

Mr. Choi: "They found out?" He sounded concerned.

Y/N: "Yes, but they don't necessarily know KTA hacked the system for me."

Mr. Choi: "Okay that's good. KTA will get this problem situated. Just focus on the plan to get any information." He hung up as I sighed.

I left the conference room as the house was filled with silence. I started wandering the halls as I saw pictures on the walls. There were pictures of Mark with the guys. He looked...happy? This is probably the first time I have seen him smile. He should smile more often. I chuckled to myself.

Sometimes I wonder how it felt to be happy. I have been training for five years and recall no memory before that. Was I happy before?

"What do you think you're doing?" Johnny interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh sorry, I was just wandering around. I'll just head back to my room." I said before walking back to my room.

"Wait...Jae-hwa, right?" I nodded. 

"Why did you want to become the secretary of a mafia leader?" He asked. 

I shrugged my shoulders, too tired to come up with an actual answer. It's not like I could say I was an undercover agent. 

"To be honest, I don't know either. Maybe I just live for the danger." I chuckled. He gave me a look of confusion as if he was not expecting that answer.

Before he could speak, we heard someone shout. Johnny ran towards the noise and I followed. As soon as we got to where the scream came from, Mark was being carried by Taeyong.

"Ms. Min, can you call Ten." She nodded as she left. He turned towards us. 

"He just fainted. He will be fine so just go back to what you were doing." Taeyong said before walking upstairs with Mark. Everyone left and Johnny went to assist Taeyong, leaving me alone. 

I look towards the room that Taeyong exited. Since there was no one in sight, me being the curious type of person,  I walked into the room. 

The room was very simple. There was the standard desk, a bookshelf, a couple comfortable looking chairs, and a couch. I was wandering around until I stepped on something. It was a ring. 

I heard what sounded like the front doors opening and I quickly picked up the ring. I cautiously left the office. I walked out unnoticed and notice a guy walking up the stairs. I have never seen him before so I assumed that was the Ten dude.

Once he was out of my sight, I quickly went up to my room. Once I closed the door, I flopped down on the bed. I examined the ring closely.

"Promise?" I whispered under my breath. 

I thought for a second until I grabbed my necklace and looked at the ring looped through it.

"Promise."