Phase 13

Flashback

-Five years ago-

December 19th

"Hey princess. Are you ready?" Mark was coming out of the bathroom. He was dressed up in a black suit and tie. His brown hair was nicely parted and slicked down with gel. He saw the petite girl in a gold sleeveless gown, which was embroidered with diamonds . Her hair was loosely curled with dangling earrings and a matching diamond necklace. She was breathtaking in Mark's eyes, but the nervousness was shown in her eyes. Mark walked up to the girl and engulfed her in his embrace.

"What if something goes wrong?" The girl asked, taking in the scent of Mark's cologne. Mark was stroking her hair lightly, calming her nerves. "It's going to be alright. We have everything planned out and Taeyong, along with the others, will help us." The girl took a deep breath as she broke the hug. She stared at the guy who held the universe in his eyes. 

"Promise we will be happy. That everything will be normal...we will be normal." Mark gave her a comforting smile. 

"I promise you, Y/N Lee, we will be happy." I kissed her forehead. We heard a knock on the door as Taeyong popped his head in.

"Hey lovebirds. You guys ready to leave?" Y/N smiled at her brother and grabbed Mark's hand. 

"I'm ready." She gave a smile to Mark. Taeyong smiled at the couple and nodded his head before he left the room. Y/N was just about to leave the room before Mark spoke. 

"Also you look magnificent princess." She smiled at him and gave a light kiss on his lips.

-At the party-

The couple and NCT had arrived at the Golden Rise. Every mafia was dressed in their best attires, but everyone's attention was all focused on NCT, but more specifically, Y/N. Every young mafia leader in the mafia world wanted to be with Y/N, but her heart belonged to Mark.

Taeyong and Y/N's family were a well known mafia group, but Taeyong chose to merge his gang with Mark. In order to do that, Y/N had to marry Mark, but that was easy knowing that both individuals were madly in love. Mark and Taeyong had plans to merge their gangs after the Golden Rise, which was going to start tonight. Mark and Y/N had planned to run away from the mafia life and appoint Taeyong as the new leader of NCT. The reason for doing it after the Golden Rise was so that it would be a natural transition and reset for Taeyong and NCT in the world of mafias. Taeyong would be able to grow the mafia and brag about it next Golden Rise. This merge was confidential within NCT so that other gangs wouldn't interfere.

Mark and Y/N had walked into the crowded venue with their hands intertwined with each other. Mark and Y/N went to greet their parents along with Taeyong. So far everything was going great. 

It has been two hours filled with laughter and of course people boasting about their accomplishments in the drug, weapon, and other illegal industries. It was time for Mark and Y/N to finally leave this life behind. Every member in NCT was in position as Mark and Y/N were ready to escape. Soon enough the lights went off in the venue and a gunshot was heard. That was the signal for Mark and Y/N to run, but then there was another gunshot. 

In the plan mapped out, there was only supposed to be one gunshot by Taeyong. Mark realized that he was no longer holding Y/N's hand as the lights turned back on. The room that was once filled with pride and self-satisfaction was now filled with silence. Her once gold sleeveless gown embroidered with diamonds was now slowly turning red.

"Y/N! NO!" Mark ran up to the unconscious girl laying in her own blood. 

Taeyong was running towards his sister along with his parents. It was the first time Mark had seen Taeyong cry. Her parents were in denial. Every mafia had forgotten who they were. It was Mark's worst nightmare and they were all just living it. Mark was putting pressure on the wound as he lifted the petite body and ran out of the venue to go to the hospital. Taeyong had followed Mark out of the venue.