Phase 14

Mr. Choi's POV

"Five years ago, you were madly in love with Mark." I spoke to her. She deserved to know everything as she was loyal to me, but I was never honest with her. Her eyes grew big in disbelief. She chuckled.

"I loved Mark. This is no time to crack jokes Mr. Choi." She noticed my face was serious and immediately stopped. "I'm sorry sir. Continue." She said as I continued.

"Anyways, I don't know how your relationship was with Mark, but all I know is that you and Mark were the "it" couple in the mafia world. That would explain all the pictures you discovered in his office. The people you met that night were really your parents and Taeyong is also your brother, which is why he was telling you to leave NCT. He wanted to protect his sister. When you were shot, the hospital Mark admitted you in was actually owned by KTA. However, nobody knows that except for us. As an agency, KTA's goal is to stop mafias from their wrong doings. We saw this as an opportunity to take down Mark's gang, but we still pitied him. We lied to Mark saying you were dead so that his gang would collapse. It was foolproof, but only for a couple months. Weeks before you woke up, his empire started to grow again and when you woke up, we saw it as an opportunity to bring him down." She looked at me in disbelief, which I expected.

"So this whole time I was just used for your own benefit?" I knew she was hurt. I treated her like my own daughter.

"Yes Y/N, but that was in the beginning. The years you have been training with KTA I saw potential in you." She sighed and looked at me. I knew she wanted to ask questions. "You can ask me anything. I will answer them." It was silent for a few seconds until she spoke up.

"Did Mark just leave me in the hospital or what happened after I was pronounced "dead"? Also, who shot me? Did Jackson know this whole time?" The questions she asked were easy to answer.

"They had a memorial service for you, but the body they buried was actually someone else. The person underwent plastic surgery to look like you. I know it sounds wrong and unethical, but this person had no one in their life so it worked out. Also, we have no information on who shot you. Yes, Jackson knew everything, but don't get mad at him. He was just loyal to KTA and doing what he was told, so blame everything on me. " I simply replied. A sigh escaped her mouth.

"So what about this mission? It's kind of...ruined." She replied. I heard guilt in her voice. Since Y/N has trained here, she was always afraid of failing KTA, which is why I could always trust in her loyalty.

"Don't feel bad Y/N, it's not your fault. It's just that there were unexpected obstacles. I see you as my own daughter and I will give you a choice. You can tell Mark and NCT everything I have told you and we won't harm you unless you harm us back or you can stay with KTA. Either way, you won't get hurt. I am uncertain if NCT would kill you or not, but since you were Mark's love, he wouldn't hurt you." I offered her choices hoping she would pick KTA.

"But what if I choose to tell Mark. What would happen to this mission? What will happen to NCT? " I sighed.

"We will discard this mission so we won't harm NCT anymore. December 19th will happen and we won't interfere. The information you have collected has no deal with us but only in the mafia world. Also if NCT, more specifically Mark gets you back, we know for sure his empire will slowly collapse and they might not continue their plans. Besides that, you have potential Y/N and we know you'll make a smart choice."

Y/N's POV

I always saw Mr. Choi as a father figure, but once he told me everything I wanted to get mad. The problem was I couldn't get mad at him. Yes, he lied to me, but he also taught me many lessons. He was what I considered family in KTA and I just had mixed feelings about this whole situation. Along with that, Jackson knew everything and still had the audacity to lie to me. He knew I was with Mark. He probably knew that the ring was from Mark too. I reflected on the options Mr. Choi has given me. I felt betrayed by KTA, but they made me into a resilient individual. The choice I make could either lead me to my happiness or danger.

After my discussion with Mr. Choi, I decided to walk back to Mark's place since I didn't feel like interacting with Jackson at the moment and also his place wasn't far from the KTA building. I finally arrived and texted Doyoung that I had arrived home. I entered the quiet mansion as I dragged my exhausted body to my room. Before I could even make it to the stairs, I heard the front door open and with a large noise following. I turned around to see Mark collapsed on the floor with blood coming from his shoulder.

"MARK!" I quickly rushed over to the injured boy.