Phase 11

Y/N's POV

Taeyong and I were having a conversation until I saw a couple approaching us. I made eye contact with the older woman as she gasped, catching the attention of everyone in the room.

"Y/N?" The lady came up to me examining my features.

"Is that really you sweetie?" I saw tears building up in her eyes. I could tell she was trying her best to suppress her tears. I, on the other hand, was uncomfortable that a lady was crying over me.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" I asked. She turned towards Taeyong and the older man comforted her. The older man spoke to me.

"Do you really not remember us Y/N darling?" He asked as softly as possible. I shook my head as I started to feel bad for this couple. A sigh left his mouth before he spoke.

"We are your parents."

I thought I would laugh it off and tell them my name was Jae-hwa, but I was just lost. I felt stupid. The thing was that I never knew who my parents were and the fact that they knew my real name, it would make sense that they were really my parents. However, I wasn't going to trust them easily and ask KTA about what is actually going on. I took a deep breath as I tried to calm myself down. I finally gathered my thoughts and spoke.

"I'm sorry but I don't remember you." I walked away from them trying to get out of this place. I thought I had everything gathered in my mind, but once I said that, my head was dizzy. It felt like the room was closing in on me as the eyes of strangers were all on me.

Someone was calling my name but I chose to ignore it. I kept running till I was outside and I had to let this all out. Instead of calling KTA about this situation, I needed to hear the voice that could calm me down. This was all too much so I called Jackson.

I was anxious for Jackson to pick up the phone. After two rings, he finally answered. I didn't notice that tears were falling down my face and my uneven breathing.

"Hey princess. Are you okay?" His voice made me break down in tears.

"Y/N, take a deep breath. In and out. Just listen to my voice." I took in his voice as it soothes my breathing. Once my breathing was under control, he spoke.

"Now, why is my princess crying?" I didn't know how to tell him about the whole situation that just happened. How was I supposed to tell him that two people said they were my parents? I finally gathered my thoughts in my head and spoke.

"I was just overwhelmed, that's all and I needed to hear your voice. It's only been two days and I just want to give up." At this point, I didn't care if this mission was going to prove to KTA that I was one of the best agents because I'm not.

"Don't think like that Y/N. You have been training for this and I know you can do it. Don't give up because that's not like you." He was right. I just needed to forget everything and only focus on this mission. Once December 19th passes, I'm back at KTA training, where I'm supposed to be.

"Thank you I really needed that Jackson. I'm gonna find a way to visit KTA soon, but till then I'll keep you guys updated." I replied.

"That's my girl. I have to go now, but I love you and please be safe. You can do this." His response left a smile on my mouth.

"Love you too."

Mark's POV

I tried to follow Jae-hwa out of the party, but Taeyong held me back.

"Just let her have time for herself." He said, but being stubborn, I got out of his grip. As soon as I ran out the doors, I saw her talking to someone on the phone.

"Love you too." I heard her said as my heart shattered. Wow, she really had someone else in her life and it's not me. I probably sounded selfish, but she really was my everything. After she put her phone away, she turned towards my direction. I saw here red, puffy eyes as little sniffles were still escaping her.

"O-oh Mar- Mr. Lee." I chuckled once she corrected herself.

"It's okay to call me Mark. We're not working at the moment. I just wanted to see if you were alright." The light from the full moon illuminated her face. Even with her puffy eyes, she was beautiful and I just wanted to hold her in my embrace.

"Yes I'm fine. It's just that I felt overwhelmed and claustrophobic in that room. I needed to get some fresh air." I remembered that Y/N hated small spaces and hearing her response made me happy. It made me happy in a sense that this was confirmation that this was really my Y/N. I couldn't hold it anymore as I walked up to her and slowly pulled her into my embrace. I could feel her tense for a while until she started to relax in my touch. She finally pulled out from the hug and looked down.

"I'm sorry sir. That was unprofessional of me and we barely know each other." I could hear the guilt in her voice even though I was the one who initiated the hug.

"It's not your fault. I hugged you first and you must have felt uncomfortable. I'm sorry." She nodded her head as we made eye contact. She looked like the innocent Y/N I once knew.

"How about we head home. The party wasn't interesting anyway." I told her as she gave me a little nod and we headed to my car to leave this place. I texted Taeyong that I was going back home with Y/N so he wouldn't worry. During the drive, I turned my head towards Y/N to see her sleeping figure. I hoped that she would eventually remember everything soon. I missed my Y/N.

We arrived back home and I didn't want to wake her. She must have been exhausted. I carefully carried her up to her room. Once I tucked her in bed, I wrote a note to her that I carried her to bed so she wouldn't wake up confused. As I put the note on the nightstand, something caught my attention. I saw my ring, which I remember throwing in my office. What was she doing in my office? I looked back at her and I realized her necklace loosely hanging. I look closer and see a ring, more specifically our promise ring. How did I never notice this? A smile crept up on my face. 

She kept the ring. However, this still didn't explain why she was in my office. Also, why would she keep the ring on a necklace? Does she remember our promise? There was too much to process so I just left her sleeping figure along with my ring. Maybe she would remember our moments together if she kept my ring.