Phase 12

Y/N's POV

That night at the party, Mark was a whole different person. For some reason, I felt safe in his embrace and wanted to stay there for a long time. Unfortunately, good things have to come to an end. Mark started to become cold towards me again, which I didn't mind, but I liked his soft personality better. It has been a couple days since that night and we were back to the same old routine. I was still confused about the rings, but I thought I would figure that out later.

Mark was always at meetings, so I barely saw him and I was planning his schedule as usual. As I was working, the door opened, revealing Doyoung.

"Hello Jae-hwa. I just wanted to inform you that Mark has gone on a mission and he asked me to send you home." He stated.

"How long is his mission?" I asked.

"I am not sure, but he might come home late or tomorrow morning." He seemed uncertain about how long this mission would take.

"Is it okay if I stay and work a little more? I still have some uncompleted work. I can just call an uber or take a bus back to Mark's place." Doyoung had a face of uncertainty, but he nodded. I actually finished all of his work, but I had something more important to do.

"I will tell Mark. Just inform me when you arrive home." I nodded and thanked him as he left me alone. Once he left, I texted someone and I packed up my stuff. I made sure that Doyoung had left and made my way out of the building. There was a black Mercedes-Benz GT63S AMG waiting for me a couple blocks away from the building.

"Hey Jackson." I smiled.

"Hey princess." He replied as he drove us to KTA.

-TIME SKIP-

Once we arrived at KTA, I was about to get out before Jackson grabbed my hand.

"What are you going to discuss with Mr. Choi?" For the past couple of days, besides doing Mark's schedule, I was figuring out how to approach KTA with my situation. I decided to be straightforward with them because I needed to know everything. I had no idea how the outcome would be, but at least I will have my answer and find out who I really am.

"Personal matters and this mission. That's all." I pulled my arm away from Jackson's grip and headed inside the building. I felt anxious knowing that I was most likely going to find out everything about me.

I was now standing in front of Mr. Choi's office. My hand hesitated to knock, but after a couple seconds, my hand made contact with the door. I heard a "come in" from Mr. Choi. I slowly open the door and head towards Mr. Choi's desk.

"Ah, Y/N. How's the mission."

"Um about that." I chuckled nervously. "I wanted to talk about what I found out during the mission." Mr. Choi let out a sigh.

"You want to know about your parents, don't you." I looked up at him in shock.

"How did you know Mr. Choi?"

"Remember, there are other agents on this mission." A chuckle escaped his mouth. 

"It's time you knew everything. You were going to ask me that, right?" I nodded my head. He gestured to me to follow him to the couch. "Get comfortable, this is a long story." I did as he said before he could tell me everything.

"Five years ago, you were madly in love with Mark."