03| Flight Fight

*
     *
*
|
|
|

Azalea watched in silent anticipation as the procession of witches and wizards initially took off into the sky

Azalea watched in silent anticipation as the procession of witches and wizards initially took off into the sky. To her, it was beyond obvious who the real one was and as he nestled himself carefully in the sidecar, his emerald green gaze swished around to face where she had her fingers locked around the neck of a thestral. The leathery flying horse stood strongly beneath her and she was safe in the knowledge that the creature would protect her.

It was only when Hagrid's motorcycle roared to life, did she allow the brilliant majestic horse to fly, muscles rolled beneath her thighs as she watched Tonks and Ron slightly ahead of her. It was a well thought out plan, the sky cloudy and threatening rain, perfect for coverage and therefore... it failed. It was unwritten tradition that no matter how brilliant and cunning the plan, it would inevitably be doomed for failure.

The second they reached a significant height, flashes of light streamed past her head and she froze for just a millisecond before she shot back. Azalea was faster than the imbeciles Voldemort sent for their front line attack and she new perfectly well that they were just a distraction but as they shot spell after spell at all the Harry's that flew around the area, stars twinkling miserably over head, she knew she had no choice but to get them first, before they even had a second to shoot the Harry in the sidecar.

Azalea had no qualms about dropping the death eaters to their doom, she was made for that exact person and as savage as it was, and how innocent she seemed, her emotions cut off like someone had flicked a switch as she shot spell after spell over her shoulder, thestral powering faster. It didn't matter that she was outmanned and overpowered, she held their flanks strongly, fighting at least five death eaters at once in silent victory as the others soared onwards, away from the first initial attack.

The second load to swarm them were stronger, designed to catch them when they were weak and from the dark shadow that cast over the real harry and the thumping that ensued in his girlfriends skull, she knew that these were the real death eaters. The trained death eaters. Voldemort was among them, that much was certain but Azalea was preoccupied and for the first time hoped that the others were strong enough to hold their own against the dark lord.

Swishing here wand victoriously, she cut off a Death Eater, watching them plummet downwards from the sky with an ear splitting scream as they were mere metres from slicing the ear straight off of George Weasley. The boy, although in the body of Harry, smiled gratefully at her as she circled through the crowd, searching for the one that was most important.

Though, these Death Eaters were smarter. An unbidden screech left her lips as the cruciatus curse hit her square in the back and she held the horse impossibly tighter, collapsing against its neck as tears brewed within her eyes. Teeth clenched and body burning, she saw the way Harry's eyes whipped around to her in a blind panic and somewhere within her agony, she smiled at him, a haunting smile that made his heart lurch as the horse was murdered beneath her.

Azalea Hogwarts released not a single screech as she went tumbling through the sky, her eyes clenched as the air pummelled her violently, wind dancing around her dauntingly. She was prepared, ready to save herself if the need occurred but she heard the scream loud and clear- the scream of his calling her name. The scream that may possibly have given her away as her brilliant doe eyes slammed open and were burnt by the whipping air.

She felt the body beneath her before anything else registered and when she finally locked eyes with the boy holding her tightly, she did not for a single minute even consider that it may not be him. She'd know the real Harry Potter anywhere. The boy cradled her easily in the sidecar of the motorcycle, Hagrid continuing on through the rain and Azalea knew that the only thing stopping her from plummeting to her death, was Harry Potters arm wrapped tightly around her waist.

In horror at the new circumstances and the large giveaway that it provided, Azalea pushed Harry down uncomfortably into the cart, his head protected by the side of it as she straddled his lap. Harry could see nothing but the sky and her face as spells continued to be fired. They were not out of the woods just yet.

He was in a state of awe as he held her carefully, knowing that he was the seatbelt protecting her from falling to her death. And as inappropriate as it was, he couldn't help but notice how utterly stunning she was as her hair stuck to her tanned face, features stiff and teeth gritted as she shot spells every which way. Harry Potter never felt safer than in that moment, under t he protection of Azalea Hogwarts. He knew then that not even Voldemort could touch him. She'd saved him from that.

When the motorbike finally crash landed in the front yard of the new Burrow, water spraying up and darkness shrouding them, there was a colossal amount of deep breathing from Hagrid and Azalea.

"Are you okay?" Azalea demanded, looking down at the boy she'd spent the past twenty minutes crushing. All he could do was force himself upwards and his lips to hers in a violent adrenaline ridden kiss before he pulled back, nodding continually.

"I'm okay" he promised, his hands placing softly against her waist and pushing upwards with all the strength he had in his forearms to push her out of the cart. They were wedges in close together and aching from their stiff muscles, but they were alive and that was all that mattered.

Thanks to the added protection of Azalea Hogwarts, nobody lost their lives in the flight fight of July...