07 | Without you

*
    *
*
|
|
|

Molly Weasley sat solemnly in the kitchen of the new Burrow

Molly Weasley sat solemnly in the kitchen of the new Burrow. In the fire, memories of a lifetime of the family had been destroyed in an instant... But at least they were all still there to make new ones. Arthur carrying her over the threshold with a beam on his lips, the day they brought Bill home, wrapped in a yellow knitted blanket with his eyes screwed up adorably, the day her brothers; Gideon, Fabian and she had had a paint war while decorating. A hundred memories vanished in an instant but she could still hold her children in her arms and wish them goodnight, she could still see them fall in love and marry, have children of their own. And she knew she owed it all to her...

Azalea Hogwarts was positively miserable without Harry Potter, and maybe it was mothers intuition, for her new daughter, but Molly could clearly see through the brunette girls strong countenance. She was so impossibly strong but as Molly sipped her tea softly, watching the girl who had insisted on making dinner, Molly could see nothing but a child. A child who never got the chance to be a child.

It had been a month and three days since Harry Potter vanished from that party, along with Ron and Hermione. Molly missed her child endlessly, spent sleepless nights worrying about his whereabouts but nothing could compare to the haunting sadness that lingered around Azalea. The brunette girl knew for certain that the good times with Harry had come to an end on the night of the wedding. The next time she saw him, she supposed war would be upon them and she couldn't say for certain that they would live to see the end of it. Azalea didn't know, that in their celebrations, she wouldn't pass away from her parent's hands. Her life was completely in the mercy of fate and she didn't know if she deserved the good the world had to offer.

The next day, they would be returning to Hogwarts school, under the rule of the undercover potions master. Azalea trusted Severus Snape with her life but nobody else knew that. Snape would die a Death Eater, at least unless they killed Voldemort first. So much was at risk now and as she sliced the carrots somewhat aggressively, she was just glad to have a use for her hands.

The time was fast approaching for the battles to begin. She had been trained for that since the day she could hold a wand. Azalea knew as she watched a bird fly through the ripple of their barrier, that somewhere out there, Harry was fighting, every day to provide the perfect future they both desired. And she felt so utterly useless that she did nothing but sit there cutting carrots and waiting to go to school. 

"You have proved yourself a hundred times Lea" Molly reassured softly as if she knew exactly the thoughts swirling in the girl's mind. Azalea Hogwarts wasn't made to sit still and watch others battle. When she saw Harry's face sprawled across the front cover after his near-miss at the Ministry, she did not fear the danger so much as a thrill for it. The adrenaline pumped through her at just the thought of action. "We are all only alive right now because of you."

"I should be doing more Molly... Sirius... He shouldn't have died. He didn't deserve to die." her voice was low, sad and Molly smiled softly at her, slightly grieving over the man she had had endless arguments with, the man that had been a father to Harry even in the darkest times. 

"Lea... Sirius has been ready to die since that Halloween, all those years ago. Sirius Black and James Potter were the as close as Fred and George and he's been broken since his brother left. He's been waiting to join him all this time. In life... Sirius saved Harry that night in the Department of Mysteries, he gave Harry family when he felt he'd lost it altogether. And for that, James would be proud. Somewhere out there, in whatever lies beyond, James and Sirius are catching up, plotting pranks and as much alive as you and I." Molly smiled. 

"Do you really believe that?" Azalea turned to the matriarch with nothing but hope in her doe eyes. "I've always been under the impression that... after this life... There is nothing but endless sleep, endless peace to follow the thriving life you've had. Living is exhausting Molly. If the world after is perfect... Maybe there is only nothingness."

"I don't think so, dear girl." Molly squeezed her hand softly. "You're still worried? Worried that when this is all over, you will die?"

"They told me to kill myself... They never said what would happen if I didn't" she stated softly, voice shuddering. 

"Do you want to?"

"Once, when I first came here, I had no second thoughts about ending it when my mission was through. But Harry" her eyes lit up when she said his name, regardless of the fact that she hadn't heard a word from him in a month. "He changed everything, Molly. He gave me a reason. And what's the point in living without a reason? We are young and what I want most in the world, is an ordinary life with him. I want to live in Godric's Hollow, I want to see him become an Auror, I want children. Something I didn't even know was possible for me" she laughed sadly, tears bubbling in those gorgeous brown eyes. "And I want to tell him I love him. That's what I want more than anything. To fall asleep beside him every night, after promising that I love him and knowing that we were safe... That nothing could hurt us anymore." she smiled, pain oozing becuase what were the chances of them both defeating the odds?