24| Harry Potter

*
     *
*
|
|
|

[ Last part of Book 3- Yes, I am dedicating an entire book to the Battle of Hogwarts

[ Last part of Book 3- Yes, I am dedicating an entire book to the Battle of Hogwarts. It's going to be epic 😅]

Deep within the Forest of Dean, beneath strong protection spells, the Golden Trio stood and only now, they were at odds. Hermione Granger had a face of thunder as she stared angrily at Ronald Weasley, her lips pursed and completely unaffected by the big innocent eyes he was throwing in her direction. But Harry was distracted by the piece of paper in his hand, a piece of paper given to him by Ron with words written on it that he would recognise in an instant.

Dearest Harry,

He couldn't help the smile that drew across his lips despite the situation, a tonne of bricks crushed him at the thought of how much he missed the sweet brunette. As he walked a little way away from where Ron was being interrogated by Hermione, the leaves crushed beneath him and he thought about how carefully she'd written the letter, just as she had in all those previously that he'd received over the summers.

It feels as if such a long time has passed in your absence and not a day goes by where you aren't on my mind. I like to think you are experiencing the same.

And he absolutely was, even as the chosen one read the piece of parchment in his hand, tears poured down his slightly dirty cheeks and the letter shook, words blurring as he attempted to read it. He missed her every second of every day, there wasn't ever even a moment where he didn't long to have her beside him, to have his arms wrapped tightly around her for comfort.

Things are different at Hogwarts, without you. It's Christmas but you wouldn't know it, there isn't a tree in sight or decorations to prove it. All we have is memories of the Christmas' gone by. The necklace you gave me still has it's pride of place around my neck through every hour of the day and with it, I think of you.

He smiled sadly, tears continuing to bubble and fall from where he sat in the dry leaves at the base of the tree. The cold was biting but it kept him there, in the moment rather than allowing him to wallow in self pity and disconnect from the world around him.

As Ron has probably told you by now- amidst his continual apologising to Hermione- Hogwarts has changed. It is no longer the home we all knew. Consider the year of umbridge and then multiply the misery by a hundred. The Carrows are known for their cruel and unusual punishments and Filch has had a field day with the opportunity to use his chains again. But we have our fun, the punishments aren't so much that anymore. They aren't really punishments at all, considering we volunteer for them. I know how crazy that must sound but Seamus, Neville and I hung from our wrists in the dungeons for two hours a while ago because we accepted the punishment of three fourth years who refused to use the cruciatus curse on some first years. As I said. Things are different now.

Harry looked up from the letter for a moment, watching the birds fly by overhead and he couldn't help but be absolutely appalled. He knew then, why Azalea hadn't returned to him alongside Ron. How could she? When the school she was made to protect was in such utter disrepair.

But do not worry about me Harry. I have it all under control. We've reopened the DA though some of the younger members like to call us 'Potters rebels', a name which I have found I am quite fond of. Perhaps we make life here at Hogwarts unnecessarily hard for us, I couldn't say but I most definitely am trying my best to find joy here.

All I want is you Harry, the one thing that I know is out of reach, the one thing the room of requirement cannot conjure for me. You. If only I had known, as we spent countless nights together, that they would be so numbered. I miss you greatly already and I know your mission is far from over. But I pray for the day you return to us, and the happiness it will bring. I cannot say much- in case the note is somehow intercepted from Ron but I can say this- if you need us- go to Albus' brother. He will know what to do. We are all just hanging around here waiting to be of use.

I wish I could write forever, and tell you all the thoughts swirling around my mind but there isn't the time or the parchment for that. I miss you Harry, more than I ever thought it was possible to miss anymore. Stay safe, my love, I dream of your return.

All my love,

Lea.

The second the note ended, he was crying again, crying more than he had done since they first left those at the wedding behind. Because as he read the last few words, it was like leaving her all over again and in at time where she was missing him so greatly- he could do nothing. He read her letter with no means to respond.

But, as the note filled him with a desperate longing, it also gave him a brilliant determination. A determination to get their mission completed faster.

Azalea Hogwarts and Harry Potter dreamed of the day they were reunited once more...