06 | Gone

*
     *
*
|
|
|

1When Azalea Hogwarts' brilliant brown doe eyes fell upon the shimmering blue Patronus in the centre of the room, a thousand thoughts and feelings flashed through her head but he was a prominent one

1When Azalea Hogwarts' brilliant brown doe eyes fell upon the shimmering blue Patronus in the centre of the room, a thousand thoughts and feelings flashed through her head but he was a prominent one. It didn't matter that outside, the dark forces were coming as she shoved her way through the panicked and confused crowd of Weasley relatives, searching for the eyes that had delighted her dreams since that very first day in twelve Grimmauld place. He called to her like a beacon through the people and she slammed violently into his chest, holding on like he was anchor tethering her to the earth.

"Lea" his voice was just a whisper, a hushed and agonised whisper because she knew she must do the impossible, she must let him go. Looking into those shimmering orbs, the shouts and screams of those around her fell upon deaf ears.

"I know" and there was a hollow tone to her marvellous voice. For a pause, a pause too long, they stared before she kissed him once, deeply and in pain before her hands pushed him backwards. Harry's body, weak in silent shock, he fell into the arms of Ron Weasley who had Hermione's wrist tightly clenched in his own. Azalea exchanged nothing more but a blink with Ronald Weasley before they were gone. Harry Potter took a part of his heart with him when he vanished from the Weasley wedding that day.

"Azalea" Molly's voice was nothing more than a screech that pierced straight through her ears and had the daughter of Hogwarts whipping around at a thousand miles an hour. Her wand jabbed forward and deflected the spell heading her way as easily as slicing butter and Ginny Weasley, stood beside her, froze in silent alarm. The brunette girl marched forward, sadness in her eyes melting away to nothing but determination as she forced the ginger girl behind her, into the side of the tent. The spells flashing around the room cleared it faster than anything else ever could've and those who remained were the order family themselves. 

Death Eaters gone, they were all merely left with the aftermath. 

"Oh, Lea. Oh my gosh," Ginny whimpered and the two girls hugged impossibly tightly. It was utterly absurd for them to think that once, they despised one another. Now they were sisters, fighting this battle side-by-side. Molly Weasley was the next to swarm them, hands placing on each of their cheeks as she assessed them with a stern gaze.

"You're okay" she nodded demandingly and hugged them, almost cutting off their breathing altogether. At that moment, in the arms of Molly Weasley who reminded her so brilliantly of Helga Hufflepuff, Azalea felt as much the woman's daughter as Ginny was. It was fascinating to her, to feel so loved in a single moment and as she was held tightly, her eyes threatened to cry because despite the love she felt emanating from Molly Weasley... Harry Potter was gone and she didn't know when she would ever see him again.

"Right, you lot" Mad-Eye demanded, hammering his staff aggressively against the temporary floor as he approached the multiple gathered groups. "You two can think again if you think you're going back to that joke shop of yours, we'll be waking up to your faces sprawled across the flaming Daily Prophet." he was instantly down to business, demanding to the twins who would have rejected the words if not for the way Molly glared at them. "You!" he rounded on Azalea. "Have any spells to keep this damn place standing?"

"A few" Azalea sniffled, instantly collecting herself as she recognised the eyes pinned on her and as much as the girl wanted to cry like a normal teenager... She had always been something far different from normal.

"Well, what are you waiting for, girl. Get to it or we'll be having the war right here," he demanded and she shook herself off, nodding as she made her way outside into the darkness. Their protection spells had been broken and now, somehow, it was down to her to protect them all once more. She would gladly do so, for the people who provided her with a family after she'd lost her own. It was going to be a long year, nobody could deny that but at least, for now, they had the time and they had each other.

"I really appreciate everything you are doing for my family Azalea" a voice informed softly and she turned with a soft smile to Arthur Weasley as she shot a continuous stream of spells into the sky above the new burrow, creating a barrier.

"I will always protect your family, Mr Weasley. They are the closest thing I have had to a family of my own. Even living with my parents... I never felt love and protection as I have here. And for that, I owe them everything. I owe you everything" she informed softly and he couldn't help but beam in slight pride at her words.

"You will always have a home here, Azalea. I hope you remember that. You are one of us now, you don't need the ginger hair to prove it." he joked and she smiled tearfully as she looked up at the sky, stars winked down at her as the barrier she created rippled for a second, indicating its presence before it became invisible once more. She was safe in the knowledge that somewhere beyond the night sky, Harry was looking up at the same stars as she held the lightning bolt around her neck and that was all she needed to give her the strength to smile and laugh along with Mr Weasley.