11| Muggle Studies

*
   *
*
|
|
|

*   **|||

Azalea and Neville exchanged glances from across the room at one another. The class- which neither of them had previously taken- was full to the brim with disgruntled Seventh years, all collectively watching Alecto Carrow as she waltzed backwards and forwards across the front of the dark classroom, brilliant shark-grin fully intact as she spoke words that none of them wanted to hear.

"Within this class, we will all discuss in detail the effect of muggles and mudbloods on our society." The words were hissed through her lips and there was a resounding look of horror at hearing such words from a teacher. Azalea found herself being completely unsurprised, after her public punishment the previous day- they'd all come to expect such things from the callous brother and sister act. Currently, Azalea harnessed a brilliant bruise on her left cheekbone but other than that- she'd escaped relatively unscathed and her smile was retained. All they had now was one another.

"Aww, Nah. That's bullshit and you know it." Seamus Finnigan piped up, utterly uncaring of whatever punishment he would receive. Their words and rebellion was their battle. It was all they had. Seamus and Azalea were the first to return to the Gryffindor common room with injuries. Seamus now walked with a slight limp but he was as determined as ever, glancing back at Azalea briefly for support. She nodded with respect. The Gryffindor common room had- in just one day- become somewhat of a safe house, first year Hufflepuff and Ravenclaws alike having slept on the floor of the dorms in sleeping-bags. With only a few days gone by, they had developed a system. 

Lavender Brown and the Patil twins had been provided with potions and books for healing from the matron- secretly of course and they were the designated healers of the house. Neville was working on getting ingredients from Professor Sprout and they were intending on brewing potions that they deemed necessary for their survival in the school. Liquid Luck was one that Azalea herself had vowed to brew before the year was up.

"What was that, Finnigan?" Alecto snapped, clearly expecting the boy to back down with her beady gaze on him. She was wrong. 

"I said. That is a load of bullshit. The muggleborns are no different from us and you know it." he smirked in victory, seeing the childish expression of anger that painted the professors face as she stamped her foot. 

"Down here now, Finnigan" she snapped, jabbing a finger into the ground and he hopped down gladly, happily ready to take his punishment. The others exchanged glances, the Slytherins smirking in victory as Alecto slapped the boy harshly across the face. He turned back with a brilliant beam, nodding almost in thanks as he practically skipped back to his seat, ignoring his limp. This was their rebellion and slowly, the rebel side were recruiting more and more followers.

Nobody interrupted for the remainder of the lesson, Seamus' rebellion being enough to indicate that the class collectively did not agree with the words spilling from the Carrows mouth about the new ministry approved guidelines. The Slytherins were the ones who eagerly trhust their hands into the air to ask questions, grinning like fools when they were rewarded for doing so. There was no doubt in anybody's mind that the Slytherin's would win the house cup that year... Nobody cared about such meager things any longer.

As she scribbled the words uncaringly onto her parchment, having been ordered to do so, Azalea's mind couldn't help but wonder to Harry Potter and where he may be. It had been the longest she had ever gone without communicating with him in one form or another. But there was nothing she could do to speak to him, she couldn't send Merlin with a note and she had no idea where on the globe he was. But she hoped more than anything that wherever he was, he was having more fun than they were at Hogwarts.

It was hard to find enjoyment in such a dark and miserable setting but they were trying their best, turning their sanctuary in the common room into more of a sleepover party than anything else, food stollen from the kitchens but they knew that it was only a matter of time before the Carrows infiltrated their den and disbanded their new order. Then, they didn't know what they would do. 

Hopefully, somewhere far away from Hogwarts School, Harry was enjoying life on the run with Hermione and Ron. That was all she could hope for him now, that he was at least finding some enjoyment in the miserable time as war waged on all around them.